Caught in the crossfire.

A

anonymous6

Every Saturday night the whole family lines up ( including the dogs ) for me to administer the weekly spankings. ( whether they deserved it or not )

never have had any problems with any of them.

TheDick

A 3year old cant reason like a 5year old. Spanking or not they just wont understand whats going on. After 5years your ASS is mine but when we get home not in front of people and video cameras! That s just not thinkning.

My sup had to take his kid home from church and took everything out of her room, but the bed(no blankets or pillows) made her sit in it the rest of the day. Worked like a charm.

Me in your situation if it looked like a beating i'd call the cops but he doesnt have to see you make the call. Your customer either.

Braveheart

Last week while leaving a medical building. I was putting my hand truck inside the pc, when a father who was parked next to me started to spank his little boy, probably around 3 years old. A secretary who signs for this office, was looking at this taking place and came outside. The two, got into a heated and profanity laced argument.

The women was telling the father to stop spanking the boy. He was saying to mind her own buss. The women was looking at me as to say, why aren't you taking my side and tell him something. My opinion on this was that, it was only light taps on the behind and with today's kids they need a little spanking. Who are we, to dicatate to any parent not to discipline their child.

I hope she doesn't make a big deal, the next time they get deliveries.:anxious:
Just seek her out and tell her UPS tells us to stay out of the public's issues. You are just following orders.

City Driver

20 some years ago, I was delivering to a local high school. As I was walking down a hallway, I met a co-workers wife and we spoke a minute or so in passing. Just as I was walking away from her, a smart ***** student came up behind her and grabbed her arm making her drop all her papers and she fell to the floor. Out of instinct, I yelled for some help. I didn't lay a hand on the little B*stard, but kept him cornered in a doorway and
used my body to block his getaway,talking to him, asking why he did what he did. Teachers and the principal came running to take the situation over.

I didn't think much about it until I returned to my center that night. A police officer was their to talk to me about ME assaulting the STUDENT! By blocking the student in the doorway, I was accused of involuntarily restraining him. I explained to the officer that this kid was out of control and I didn't know if he would attack other teachers/students in the hallway. Long story short, nothing ever happened to me. The student was kicked out of school for a while and (in those days) the UPS Management backed me and what I done. Now, if I would have touched him, it would probably have been a different outcome.

So, now a days, seeing a kid get a spanking, and knowing UPS Management would not back me for doing something. I would not have sided with the secretary. If it was a beating that the child was receiving, I would have dialed 911.

Paul

yea that is the law, u could of been charged for holding him against his will or somethin stupid.....no i dont agree with it but u risked your job by doing that.....almost anything can be assault these days its crazy

Cementups

Box Monkey
A 3year old cant reason like a 5year old. Spanking or not they just wont understand whats going on.

This depends on the 3 year old. My little girl is 3 and she understands my threats quite well because she know i back up my words. She gets 3 warnings that if she keeps up what ever she is doing wrong, she WILL get a whack on the butt. The biggest problem we have is that my wife won't get tough with her. She tries to just reason with her and my daughter walks all over her. When daddy's home, it's a whole different. I don't spank my daughter for pleasure, by any means, but for discipline only.

there is a line between abuse and discipline............abuse leaves marks.

on a side note.......When my daughter was about 2 years old we were out at Red Robin. My daughter kept standing up in her booster. I gave her several warnings that if she didn't sit down I was going to whack her in the butt. finally after about the 3rd time I gave her a whack on the bottom. Mind you, she was weariing a diaper at the time and I didn't hit her near enough to make it hurt. She drama cried and sat down and stayed sitting. Out of the corner of my eye i noticed a woman, who's kids were running around the restaurant, glaring at me like I just hit her with a Louisville Sluggger. She turned out to be smart enough not to say anything to me, but i could see it in her glare that I was wrong in her eyes. She would have got an earful if she had even burped in my direction.

Having Hitler for a dad can be a b!tch.

M

Mike23

I'm sure some of us still get spanked...just not by parents :D

Keep in mind that 'light taps' to one person could be sever child abuse to another. Also if this person is spanking their kid in public (which not saying it was bad or not I'm just neutral on this) then what might be happening behind closed doors?

Is it our business? Of course not! Is it a persons business who works in the medical profession? In Canada it is. Someone who works in the medical profession needs to report child abuse. The secretary may talk to the persons doctor about this after and then it's up to the doctor to make the final decision. ESPECIALLY if the kid was in there with something like a broken arm and cracked ribs...would seem a little fishy to me at least, although he likely wasn't.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
My grandpa used a razor strap on us as kids and it worked every time. My mom used a foam slipper and we had to try not to laugh when she spanked us. It made a loud smack but was like being hit with a marshmellow :rolleyes:
:*******::hammer: (Mom)

:please::baseballplayer: (Gramps)

M

Mike23

My grandpa used a razor strap on us as kids and it worked every time. My mom used a foam slipper and we had to try not to laugh when she spanked us. It made a loud smack but was like being hit with a marshmellow :rolleyes:
:*******::hammer: (Mom)

:please::baseballplayer: (Gramps)

And to this day you can't eat marshmellows I bet ;)

Also, aren't we missing the important thing here? Was the secretary hot and are you single? I think that would play a MAJOR factor! :devil3:

Re-Raise

I think the difference between discipline and abuse is whether a child is being spanked out of anger or the need to correct bad behavior. I have never wanted to hurt my children because of their behavior. If someone loses control of themselves that is when abuse occurs.

I can freeze my daughters with my voice alone but the possibility of a spanking is always there.

slantnosechevy

I've called child protective services and the cops 3 times over the years. One of the times I was walking up the sidewalk and could hear the yelling and things getting knocked over. As I got to the door I waited to hear the customary "shhhh UPS is here" before I knocked. They didn't stop so I knocked and waited for a signature. It was a DR area. The lady came to the door beat up and the kids were crying and had red marks on their arms. She signed and I asked if she was ok and she glanced at the front door and closed it. The guy was behind it watching through the door jam. It was everything I could do to keep from kicking that door in and giving the guy a beating he so richly deserved, but I calmly walked to the pc and made the call. I talked to one of the cops the next day and he said it was as bad as he's seen on the job. He said the sad part is 80% of the women go back to the losers.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've called child protective services and the cops 3 times over the years. One of the times I was walking up the sidewalk and could hear the yelling and things getting knocked over. As I got to the door I waited to hear the customary "shhhh UPS is here" before I knocked. They didn't stop so I knocked and waited for a signature. It was a DR area. The lady came to the door beat up and the kids were crying and had red marks on their arms. She signed and I asked if she was ok and she glanced at the front door and closed it. The guy was behind it watching through the door jam. It was everything I could do to keep from kicking that door in and giving the guy a beating he so richly deserved, but I calmly walked to the pc and made the call. I talked to one of the cops the next day and he said it was as bad as he's seen on the job. He said the sad part is 80% of the women go back to the losers.
And we thought quitting cigarettes was hard.:sad-little:

beentheredonethat

This depends on the 3 year old. My little girl is 3 and she understands my threats quite well because she know i back up my words. She gets 3 warnings that if she keeps up what ever she is doing wrong, she WILL get a whack on the butt. The biggest problem we have is that my wife won't get tough with her. She tries to just reason with her and my daughter walks all over her. When daddy's home, it's a whole different. I don't spank my daughter for pleasure, by any means, but for discipline only.

Cement...
Sounds like your household is similar to mine. My wife threatens and never follows through and doesn't understand why the kids don't pay attention like they do to me. I give them one warning only and then if necessary will spank. But the good thing is the kids know it. I haven't had to spank in years, because the threat of a spank is enough to have them behave. All in all, I think kids who know there are boundaries will behave within the boundaries. The problem comes in many parents don't establish boundaries and then wonder why kids misbehave. I can't even count the number of times I"ve seen parents warn their kids over and over, yet never follow through. Why threaten if you don't mean it?