Caught in the middle

Scuderia1

I am on my second month and I am doing real good. The drivers beside me and who I get a lot of help from told me to take it easy. They said they will just give you more work and it messes them up. On the other hand my friend who hooked me up with the job said just keep going hard at it. Any suggestions on how I should work without ticking both sides off. I want to do a good job but at the same time the drivers help me a lot.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Pooter

I think what both sides are saying is go hard enough to get it done WITHOUT help but don't run to finish really early.

I don't think you are in the middle of anything.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
If you are still running and gunning after making book, you need to stop. Not only will management put more and more work on you (decreasing the need to put more drivers on the road), but you will burn yourself out in the long run. Just find a nice, steady pace.

tacken

Ex runner gunner here. They will pile it on you and on you. Finally i stopped and worked the methods. AHHHHH. feel so much better. Fair days work for a fair days pay!!!!!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I would run my route after getting back from vacation, my shippers would say "man the guy who took your place was here waaaay earlier than you!" I'd just say he just ran it different than me, while making a mental note "man I need to talk to that track star first time I see him!"

By The Book

I am on my second month and I am doing real good. The drivers beside me and who I get a lot of help from told me to take it easy. They said they will just give you more work and it messes them up. On the other hand my friend who hooked me up with the job said just keep going hard at it. Any suggestions on how I should work without ticking both sides off. I want to do a good job but at the same time the drivers help me a lot.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your friend that hooked you up with the job, is he a driver in your center? He may of meant while you are in your probation period, to just keep going hard at it. Listen to the drivers around you. If you want to retire here, find a pace that you can take all your personal time. You can retire with friends or enemies, it's your choice.

Tough Guy

Maybe when he says they "help" him he means they tell him where to go for certain stops, or how to find them. Other drivers have done that for me and I've referred to that as "helping me out" in the past. Like if I had an address I never saw and called and asked where it was, for example.

wayfair

swollen member
There's a new driver in his 30 days in my loop, I told the dispatcher to pull the training wheels off and take his area of my truck back to his

Scuderia1

They are the the people who I take splits from. And the cars next to my area, I always take 15-20 from each. I do the run completely by myself, let's say if I have a question for example why can't I get past this screen, little stuff like that as a new driver sometimes you get stuck. I would much rather call my buddies rather then the sup. My friend who hooked me up is a full time sup.

Sent using BrownCafe App