Caught on camera: UPS Driver kicks dog.

> so you are saying you would kill someone if they kicked your dog?

No, but I'd kill someone who kicked my dog to prevent them from kicking my dog again, they had better stop immediately, freeze, and resign themselves to getting arrested. Failure to heed and comply with any of my verbal commands after you assault any member of my family will result in overwhelming lethal force.

When not armed I've taken a few swings, and if it turned in to a real fight, yes I would use lethal force. Day was I never had to hit anyone twice. Now I'm a lot older and not as formidable, I've had my own FFL licence for many years. I am of the opinion that folks who assault other folks are not guaranteed a happy ending. Over the years several folks, some rather mouthy folks, have "gotten religion" after they hear me rack a shell in my 12 gauge.

Anyone who carries a firearm has to ask themselves if they are willing to shoot another human being, now that I am elderly and disabled neither I nore the law now me the same standards of proportional force.

I'd use lethal force, if necessary, to protect myself; or any member of my family. BTW, The cost of a service dog is about $40,000. By law a service dog is "property" not a "pet", I consider Christopher family; we sleep every night with his head on my chest. Not that long ago I had someone almost run over my dog with his bicycle. I calmly explained the federal ADA and the state vehicular code as it applies to bicycles.

Then the other guy told me "I guess we will find out after I run over you dog."

That's when I knocked him on his ass; and told him that if he hits my dog "I'll take out all his teeth and he will have a ruptured rectum after I put the handle bars of his bike 24" up his arse." That settled him down. You don't injure a $40,000 dog who is a medical necessity and then go to trial and say: "ops, I'm really sorry."

I now live in PA, for years I lived in NM, where everyone "walked heavy". When everyone is well armed 99.9% folks are exceedingly polite.

If I was packing and some jerk was kicking any member of my family that person better stop within a half second after I yell "freeze". Then they better "keep your hands where I can see them at all times" and "Don't make any sudden moves." A shoe is a lethal weapon in every state, don't bring a shoe to gun fight.

At my age, and in my state of health, in PA; the legal obligation to use "proportional force" does not exist.

And I never bluff. If I yell "freeze" the gun is already loaded, the safety is off and have clear sight picture and I've take all the slack out of the trigger pull.

I'd argue they killed themselves, you'd be better off molesting a kid than molesting my dog. If they value their own life I would suggest they don't kick my dog. Now my dog is a supremely well trained dog who is never out of my sight or far from my side. It's not out attacking anyone. No one has any rational reason to attack it. Every business in town has hundreds of hours of video of Christopher being very civil to everyone he meets.

My whole point in contributing to this thread is to share the thought that if you kick my dog on a whim or just because you are having a bad day don't be too surprised if I do put 4 police loads in your chest. Having said that my UPS, USPS and Fed-ex folks all love Christopher. They are dog lovers who who don't kick other folks well behaved pets just because they are having a bad day. Whenever I do get a new person on my route they all tell me that their predecessor has mentioned to them just how nice Christopher is.

We walk in a large regional park every day for two hours, Christopher and I have thousands of "2 and 4" legged friends. The general opinion (among people and their dogs) is that among thousands of dogs Christopher has the best temperament, is the smartest and most obedient dog of the lot, even by service dog standards. Not a day goes by when we don't get a half dozen complements on his good manners and disposition.

I have protected him with my life in the past, and whenever the choice is Christopher or some jerk having a bad day, I would not hesitate.

If the idea of sudden death because you kicked a dog without much thought upsets you, good that was intention.

Last edited:
> I have a bike shop that has a very mean dog on the sales floor.

I'm going to assume here that if that same dog greeted you joyfully with with a toy in its mouth, wanted to play, or rolled over submissively for a chest rub you would not kick it. Just as you can accurately read aggressive behavior, I'll assume you can read very friendly inviting behavior.

The only concern I have is tiny little kids can trust Christopher, and do every day. One day they may trust the wrong dog.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I'm going to assume here that if that same dog greeted you joyfully with with a toy in its mouth, wanted to play, or rolled over submissively for a chest rub you would not kick it. Just as you can accurately read aggressive behavior, I'll assume you can read very friendly inviting behavior.

The only concern I have is tiny little kids can trust Christopher, and do every day. One day they may trust the wrong dog.
Is that a mail slot in your garage door?
I'd say it's not too bright to post your address on an internet forum, but I have a hard time believing anything you say in the first place.

BrownArmy

No, but I'd kill someone who kicked my dog to prevent them from kicking my dog again, they had better stop immediately, freeze, and resign themselves to getting arrested. Failure to heed and comply with any of my verbal commands after you assault any member of my family will result in overwhelming lethal force...

ETC, ETC.

I'll bite.

People shouldn't go around kicking dogs.

Also, people shouldn't shoot or anally rape other people for kicking dogs.

This is America, and in America most of us get away with things we shouldn't get away with.

However, there is an actual limit, which you might find if you indulge in your BC fantasy, where you rape/shoot/beat down anyone who messes with your 'Christopher'.

Also, I don't believe a word you write.

Overpaid Union Thug

No, but I'd kill someone who kicked my dog to prevent them from kicking my dog again, they had better stop immediately, freeze, and resign themselves to getting arrested. Failure to heed and comply with any of my verbal commands after you assault any member of my family will result in overwhelming lethal force.

When not armed I've taken a few swings, and if it turned in to a real fight, yes I would use lethal force. Day was I never had to hit anyone twice. Now I'm a lot older and not as formidable, I've had my own FFL licence for many years. I am of the opinion that folks who assault other folks are not guaranteed a happy ending. Over the years several folks, some rather mouthy folks, have "gotten religion" after they hear me rack a shell in my 12 gauge.

Anyone who carries a firearm has to ask themselves if they are willing to shoot another human being, now that I am elderly and disabled neither I nore the law now me the same standards of proportional force.

I'd use lethal force, if necessary, to protect myself; or any member of my family. BTW, The cost of a service dog is about $40,000. By law a service dog is "property" not a "pet", I consider Christopher family; we sleep every night with his head on my chest. Not that long ago I had someone almost run over my dog with his bicycle. I calmly explained the federal ADA and the state vehicular code as it applies to bicycles.

That's when I knocked him on his ass; and told him that if he hits my dog "I'll take out all his teeth and he will have a ruptured rectum after I put the handle bars of his bike 24" up his arse." That settled him down. You don't injure a $40,000 dog who is a medical necessity and then go to trial and say: "ops, I'm really sorry."

I now live in PA, for years I lived in NM, where everyone "walked heavy". When everyone is well armed 99.9% folks are exceedingly polite.

If I was packing and some jerk was kicking any member of my family that person better stop within a half second after I yell "freeze". Then they better "keep your hands where I can see them at all times" and "Don't make any sudden moves." A shoe is a lethal weapon in every state, don't bring a shoe to gun fight.

At my age, and in my state of health, in PA; the legal obligation to use "proportional force" does not exist.

And I never bluff. If I yell "freeze" the gun is already loaded, the safety is off and have clear sight picture and I've take all the slack out of the trigger pull.

I'd argue they killed themselves, you'd be better off molesting a kid than molesting my dog. If they value their own life I would suggest they don't kick my dog. Now my dog is a supremely well trained dog who is never out of my sight or far from my side. It's not out attacking anyone. No one has any rational reason to attack it. Every business in town has hundreds of hours of video of Christopher being very civil to everyone he meets.

My whole point in contributing to this thread is to share the thought that if you kick my dog on a whim or just because you are having a bad day don't be too surprised if I do put 4 police loads in your chest. Having said that my UPS, USPS and Fed-ex folks all love Christopher. They are dog lovers who who don't kick other folks well behaved pets just because they are having a bad day. Whenever I do get a new person on my route they all tell me that their predecessor has mentioned to them just how nice Christopher is.

We walk in a large regional park every day for two hours, Christopher and I have thousands of "2 and 4" legged friends. The general opinion (among people and their dogs) is that among thousands of dogs Christopher has the best temperament, is the smartest and most obedient dog of the lot, even by service dog standards. Not a day goes by when we don't get a half dozen complements on his good manners and disposition.

I have protected him with my life in the past, and whenever the choice is Christopher or some jerk having a bad day, I would not hesitate.

If the idea of sudden death because you kicked a dog without much thought upsets you, good that was intention.

You'd have to be a damn fool to shoot a delivery person for kicking your dog when it attacks them. And you'd better wealthy because it would cost you dearly. The driver, or family (real family and not a freakin flea bag) of, would end up sucking your finances dry. And they'd deserve every penny of it.

wayfair

swollen member

^^ this is the guy TOS dreams about...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

i would kick it twice, tough guy.

SmithBarney

I'm usually on the side of the driver but it's pretty obvious that dog wasn't doing anything wrong, even later in the video it was waging it's tail. The drivers reaction to the owner/customer is deplorable. If I was just going by what I see in this video that driver needs to be taken out of service before he hurts someone/something.

I don't know that dog came rushing out behind the driver, he was proactively defending himself, and the dog was seemingly unfazed and hung around uninjured. now as for the contact between the customer, it looked like the customer pushed the driver first, I'm on the side of the driver, either way not good for anyone...watch out there are cameras EVERYWHERE. I have one residential customer with 4 cameras on his front door, and one on each corner of his house. (so I put on a plain black hoodie and a mask and ring the bell and run j/k)