Caught on camera: UPS Driver kicks dog.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Kick a dog and you just have some explaining to do. Shove a customer, you'll soon be saying "You want fries with that?"
Not if the drivers claims he customer was threatening him.

Can you hear the audio?

If not, how do you know what was actually said by the customer.

His body language alone says he wasn't all warm an fuzzy toward the driver.

I mean, I didn't see his ears up and tail wagging.

MendozaJ

The dogs are unleashed. That's illegal. I see a raised fist at 0:10. That's threatening. The driver creates distance with one single push, at the same time quickly nullifying the owner's very brief thoughts of throwing down. Sometimes that's all it takes.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I got surrounded by about 10 chihuahuas one day, I thought fine no big deal. Then they started attacking, I got bit 4 times. Not going to lie, I start punting them little mother :censored2:ers like footballs.

Nolimitz

I was in a yard with what appeared to be a friendly dog (tail wagging). Lady signed for package as I turned around to leave the little friend'er got the back of my leg. It was the 2nd dog bite in one day before noon.
1. no leash
2. owner rushed driver
3. minor foot push not a kick.
I'm backing the driver not the stupid owner who was not in control of pet. Some people should not own dogs nor have children...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Not knowing the whole story here, but....As drivers, I think we are pretty good judges whether a dog is friend or foe. This dog is a cream puff. Driver could have avoided the dog easily if he had wanted. And here comes the owner, who sees his dog get kicked. In my years of PC, I had 2 customers come at me aggressively, with one of them actually striking me. I walked away, even though I probably had 75 lbs on the guy just like in this case. The driver here kept coming at the customer, stepping towards him, escalating the situation. I also got bit 6 times in my career, so I'm not unsympathetic to this driver, but he sure could have handled it a lot better.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The video shows that both parties appear, to be in a more or lesser degree in the wrong.

I don't feel a proper judgement of what actually occurred can be gleaned entirely from the video.

An investigation into the incident is needed, which should include statements from both parties and anyone who may not be in camera view who may have witnessed this incident.

Only then, I feel, can a judgement be made as to how to handle this situation so that all parties are properly cared for.

Sincerely,
I

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Not if the drivers claims he customer was threatening him.

Can you hear the audio?

If not, how do you know what was actually said by the customer.

His body language alone says he wasn't all warm an fuzzy toward the driver.

I mean, I didn't see his ears up and tail wagging.
Kicking the dog is not the issue. Neither is the customer shove. The issue is it got caught on camera and went viral. No matter what, the folks in Atlanta will demand the drivers head on a plate for making UPS look bad. If it hadn't become a national story, the driver would probably just lose his route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The video shows that both parties appear, to be in a more or lesser degree in the wrong.

I don't feel a proper judgement of what actually occurred can be gleaned entirely from the video.

An investigation into the incident is needed, which should include statements from both parties and anyone who may not be in camera view who may have witnessed this incident.

Only then, I feel, can a judgement be made as to how to handle this situation so that all parties are properly cared for.

Sincerely,
I

Unfortunately we live in the digital age in which judgements are passed in an instant.

Our guy was way out of line.

Overpaid Union Thug

The driver didn't have time to critique the dog by inspecting its ears and tail movements NOR are such clues sufficient to trust whether or not ANY dog will decide to attack. It's foolish and dangerous to think otherwise. With what we've seen in the video, and knowing about leash laws, its apparent that driver and UPS SHOULD be free and clear of having to explain his actions against the dog to the general public.

Concerning shoving the man....given the circumstances, the way the other guy approached the driver, and the fact that we can't hear what the other guy said should be enough to get the driver a short suspension at worst. He should have took a couple of steps back first. I can't say that I would have done that either though. Things don't happen in slow motion. I definitely would have shoved the dog away with my foot just like that guy did.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The driver is done. He pushed the guy first. If the guy had hit him and the driver then defended himself, that would easier for the union to defend. He's done and probably won't get his job back.
As far as the dog , notice it was happy around the driver after the kick? Driver didn't seem too threatened after the kick? I personally don't think the dog was coming at an aggressive manner from what I see.

It could of been handled better. But it's hard to know the whole story without audio.