Caught on camera: UPS Driver kicks dog.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And that's a fair thought process. But his point is always since I'm a sup I have no idea about anything.

...and 9 times out of 10 he would be right....

It took me all of two seconds of watching the video to see that the dogs were harmless. There was no need to kick him out of the way. When the owner came out you can see right away that our guy assumes an offensive stance, almost as though he was looking for a fight.

Without the video this would have been he said/he said and the driver would have been looking at a 3 day unpaid suspension, at worst. With the video he is gone.

MendozaJ

If you piece together the numerous articles on the incident, here's what we know:

It happened on May 28th, and was reported to the police on May 28th. Ponytail called his clenched fist "a reaction" in some articles, and a "raised thumb" in others. Ponytail alleges that the push dislocated one rib and fractured another, yet "after the residents went to bed, Paulsen called the Atascadero Police Department," despite this rather painful injury. Ponytail pressed battery charges, but the police have yet to complete its report. The driver is still employed by UPS.

Someone or something is really full of doo-doo here.

Before you all jump down my throat, I love dogs and, if the driver's reaction is on one end of the spectrum, my reaction would be the on the complete and opposite end (belly rubs and hey, boy!).

I also believe that a dog owner has the responsibility to control his/her dog at all times, more so in a public area. Ponytail should be fined for having unleashed dogs. Nothing more, nothing less.

MendozaJ

It was a senior center? Those were old people dogs?

Our guy kicked a dog and shoved a guy at a senior center?

Yes. He claims they're service dogs, but they're not wearing vests that would identify them as such.

If you still don't believe this guy is full of sheet, here's the kicker:

“As I went to retrieve the dog, the driver then hit me in the chest, dislocating my rib from my solar plexus and re-breaking one of my ribs,” Paulsen said. “This assault was completely unprovoked. The driver threatened to kick me as I tried to calm the situation down.”

After the residents went to bed, Paulsen called the Atascadero Police Department.

AFTER THE RESIDENTS WENT TO BED! This guy is really dedicated to endure that kind of pain.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yes. He claims they're service dogs, but they're not wearing vests that would identify them as such.

If you still don't believe this guy is full of sheet, here's the kicker:

“As I went to retrieve the dog, the driver then hit me in the chest, dislocating my rib from my solar plexus and re-breaking one of my ribs,” Paulsen said. “This assault was completely unprovoked. The driver threatened to kick me as I tried to calm the situation down.”

After the residents went to bed, Paulsen called the Atascadero Police Department.

AFTER THE RESIDENTS WENT TO BED! This guys is really dedicated to endure that kind of pain.

I'm no publicist but senior center, old people, and dogs? That's a PR nightmare. And if he did keep his job, the media is going to vilify unions even more than they do. And the general public will turn on us quickly.

There might be more to the story but all the media(like Fox News) needs is the video. Then they can make it up as fact as they go along.

I don't see how the union would stand by on this one. They can't afford the negative effects of this if this goes viral.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If someone kicked my dog I'd do the same thing. Totally unwarranted IMO.

You've obviously never been on a package car, delivering packages. The driver has NO WAY to know what any dog may or may not do when they come at you. It's real easy to say what he should've done in this case. I've been bit 9 times in my package car days. And when you get back to the center, after you've been to the emergency room, management starts asking a 100 questions on how you could've avoided getting bit. They always try to pin it on you, as if you can see a dog coming and in the heat of the moment how you could've prevented that dog from biting you.

Unless you are getting mauled by a large, angry dog, many times the ankle biters do most of the damage. Small dogs usually are quicker than large dogs, and can get at you even when you try to stop them.

I won't defend the guy for pushing the hippie, but what I will say, is when a dog charges you, your body normally shoots into the fight or flight area. When that happens, things get real fast, real quick. You tend to forget a lot of what happens when you get in this mind set. Your heart is racing, your hands are shaking and you are riding on instincts, not calm, logical decision making. So, while everyone is demanding this man's job, I'd be a little careful about making rash decisions. This guy with the dog never does attempt to put his dog back in the house. Why does this matter? After all, the dog obviously isn't going after the driver anymore. Because it is almost always the mind set of the dog owner, that "my dog would NEVER bite." And ask any driver who has been bit, and he or she will tell you that is what that dog's owner tells them after they have been bit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You've obviously never been on a package car, delivering packages. The driver has NO WAY to know what any dog may or may not do when they come at you. It's real easy to say what he should've done in this case. I've been bit 9 times in my package car days. And when you get back to the center, after you've been to the emergency room, management starts asking a 100 questions on how you could've avoided getting bit. They always try to pin it on you, as if you can see a dog coming and in the heat of the moment how you could've prevented that dog from biting you.

Unless you are getting mauled by a large, angry dog, many times the ankle biters do most of the damage. Small dogs usually are quicker than large dogs, and can get at you even when you try to stop them.

I won't defend the guy for pushing the hippie, but what I will say, is when a dog charges you, your body normally shoots into the fight or flight area. When that happens, things get real fast, real quick. You tend to forget a lot of what happens when you get in this mind set. Your heart is racing, your hands are shaking and you are riding on instincts, not calm, logical decision making. So, while everyone is demanding this man's job, I'd be a little careful about making rash decisions. This guy with the dog never does attempt to put his dog back in the house. Why does this matter? After all, the dog obviously isn't going after the driver anymore. Because it is almost always the mind set of the dog owner, that "my dog would NEVER bite." And ask any driver who has been bit, and he or she will tell you that is what that dog's owner tells them after they have been bit.

Normally I would agree with this but we are talking about dogs at a senior center.

Dracula

Normally I would agree with this but we are talking about dogs at a senior center.

What does that have to do with anything? Dogs at senior centers are docile? Dogs are dogs, whether they are at junior or senior centers. There is no way to know what a dog will do.

Dracula

I usually let the little dogs bite me before i punt them or crack them with the diad. A bloody bite mark negates the customer complaint that soon follows. That being said the driver is acting way too aggressive, look at his body language, he is done

Do you let people punch you in the face before you react, too? Unless you are being sarcastic, you are a damn fool to let ANY dog in your personal space, if you have a choice. Management will put you on the rack if you get bit, then repeat that first sentence.