Celebrating 100 days without Bush

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What did you do today to celebrate 100 days without Bush in office.

Bush finished repainting his boat today and painted the name on his boat

"Fishin' Accomplished"

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Seems like not long ago every time Bush's name was spoken you would hear "Runnin with the devil" and every time Obama's name was spoken there would be harp music and doves flying about. Now I'm not hearing any harps and not seeing any doves. Thought he was the chosen one...:dissapointed:

wkmac

What did you do today to celebrate 100 days without Bush in office.

Bush finished repainting his boat today and painted the name on his boat

"Fishin' Accomplished"

I thought I was gonna miss Bush because he was always good at fumbling a line or thought during a speech that was good for YouTube material along with Leno, Letterman, etc. I'll give credit to George that he was willing to wing it a bit without the teleprompter so tip of the hat there.

But as Obama has taken the stage, his "TOTUS" (Teleprompter of the United States) moments have been frequent enough to fill the void just a bit. The actions of our leaders (plural) have become so scripted and processed that I just come away with the image of a malevolent dictator trying to appear benevolent for mass consumption.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/friend/fe/Telescreen.png/400px-Telescreen.png

IMO, not much has really changed from when Bush was in office so why have elections to begin with? Think of all the money this country could save!

:happy-very:

Overpaid Union Thug

I thought I was gonna miss Bush because he was always good at fumbling a line or thought during a speech that was good for YouTube material along with Leno, Letterman, etc. I'll give credit to George that he was willing to wing it a bit without the teleprompter so tip of the hat there.

But as Obama has taken the stage, his "TOTUS" (Teleprompter of the United States) moments have been frequent enough to fill the void just a bit. The actions of our leaders (plural) have become so scripted and processed that I just come away with the image of a malevolent dictator trying to appear benevolent for mass consumption.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/friend/fe/Telescreen.png/400px-Telescreen.png

IMO, not much has really changed from when Bush was in office so why have elections to begin with? Think of all the money this country could save!

Obama without his teleprompter rates right up there with a child reciting their ABCs for the first time.

Bad Gas!

we should be bashing bush after the last 8 years and how many trillion dollars are we in debt charlie manson would look like the chosen one

Your boy O is throwing gasoline on the fire..We had problems..Now we have bigger problems...Lets build up government some more..Shall we..

Sammie

we should be bashing bush after the last 8 years and how many trillion dollars are we in debt charlie manson would look like the chosen one

Yes, Bush increased the federal budget by $700 billion. But O. added another $1 trillion.

Bush started down the road of pricy finan­cial bailouts. Obama turned to into a 12 lane super highway.

But laws of the country are really at fault for this royal mess. Fraud on top of fraud on top of fraud can be blamed, yet how many people have been brought forward for crimes? It wouldn't hurt to impeach the entire Congress, or at least string 'em all up, along with the Feds, the loan originators, the bankers, and the Three Little Pigs - Geither, Bernake and Paulson.

And as sure as the Pope will never give the OK for birth control to the world's nearly 7 billion people, no American politician will ever accept the challenge to cut entitlements for fear of angering voters. Plain and simple. So at the rate your new Messiah's going, our national debt will exceed our gross domestic product in a few short years.

ups1990

Has anyone heard WH Spokesperson Gibbs? He make Bush, sound like the greatest orator. Gibbs, fumbles and stumbles at ease. His favorite word is Hu, hu, hu, hum, hu,.........

diesel96

Gee. Another opportunity to trash Bush and glorify the Chosen One. What a lovely surprise! :happy-very:
Not just trashing Bush, but everybody who supported him and voted for him twice:sick:.....relax Sammie, for amusement and entertainment purposes only....

Seems like not long ago every time Bush's name was spoken you would hear "Runnin with the devil" and every time Obama's name was spoken there would be harp music and doves flying about. Now I'm not hearing any harps and not seeing any doves. Thought he was the chosen one...:dissapointed:

Sorry to rain on your parade, Obama's approval rating is higher than Reagan's for the first hundred days.....BTW.. HW Bush is associated with blasting Van Halen and TKO'ing Gen Noriega into submission out of his compound and into US custody.

But as Obama has taken the stage, his "TOTUS" (Teleprompter of the United States) moments have been frequent enough to fill the void just a bit. The actions of our leaders (plural) have become so scripted and processed that I just come away with the image of a malevolent dictator trying to appear benevolent for mass cosumption.:happy-very:

Obama without his teleprompter rates right up there with a child reciting their ABCs for the first time.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Obama has had more impromtute town hall meetings and press conferences, domestic and overseas, than any other President in history in his first 100 days.....

diesel96

You don't have to buy, I'm just giving it away for free! :happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

From Politico: Obama's safety net: the TelePrompter

We all know he uses a telepromtor with prepared speeches and announcements, but that pales in comparison with the accessibilty Obama offers himself with q and a's, townhall meetings and press conferences than any other President including the flub-master himself GW. Has the Movie V for Vendetta effected you that much....:wink2:

wkmac

We all know he uses a telepromtor with prepared speeches and announcements, but that pales in comparison with the accessibilty Obama offers himself with q and a's, townhall meetings and press conferences than any other President including the flub-master himself GW. Has the Movie V for Vendetta effected you that much....:wink2:

Never once questioned his access, town hall meeting, what have you, just never expected the teleprompter thingy to become such a humorous event.

As for the word parsing, the political spin, etc. of our leaders (meaning both parties in case you didn't understand my use of the word plural) I do stand behind that completely. Even Mike Luckovick nails it after Biden's comments today concerning confinded spaces.

But in Mike's case, I'm pretty certain he wasn't at the last "We Worship V" cruise. At least I didn't see him but then with all the masks it's hard to be certain!

BTW: Joe was correct in what he said. Just ashame the snake oil salesman don't have the balls to stand behind it.

tieguy

Banned

Accessibility is now another term for feeding the ego. I wonder how accessible he will be when this economy comes crashing down around his ears.

Overpaid Union Thug

Obama couldn't even speak at the CIA without his teleprompter. There is a huge, huge, very huge difference between the Obama that reads from a teleprompter and the one that has to think for himself. Bush, as much as I don't like him either, actually did better sometimes without the teleprompter. Seemed more laid back. Sure, he had his airhead moments but at least he didn't sound like a bumbling idiot like Obama. Either way Obama tries to hard not to say "the wrong thing." Its even more evident when the teleprompter is off.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Unfortunately all of his "public meetings " are staged.
His town meetings , his press conferences too.

I for one would take GW's lack of knowledge anytime , then listen to a scripted response.