cell phone discount

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just FYI all of these discounts only apply to the primary line, not your entire bill. Also from what I can tell they don't discount your data. For me Sprint was by far the cheapest and includes unlimited text and data. That being said, I regret switching to Sprint because the 4g coverage is pretty terrible and their 3g data is far slower than other providers.

UPSBOT

When UPS Was Fun
Just FYI all of these discounts only apply to the primary line, not your entire bill.

You are CORRECT sir. We recently changed to Verizon

UPSGUY72

Just get a Virgin Mobile phone and you can get a unlimited data package with 1500 minutes of talk for $45.00 plus tax mine bill is $47.81 a month. I had sprint but for 2 lines even with the discount with unlimited data it more expensive than just getting two separate plans from VM.

Virgin Mobile has just about every phone you can get from other carries including the I phone.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
The four dominate post-paid carriers each offer a discount to UPSers. Some allow the discount to be applied to an existing account, others allow it for new accounts only. Some apply the discount to the entire bill, some apply it to the primary line charges only.

If you live in a Metro PCS market, they offer unlimited talk/text/data for $40 including taxes. Occasionally they offer it for $30. They sell Metro PCS-branded Galaxies, but you can bring your own or even your iPhone if you're off contract. Without question, one of the best bargains available today (across any industry). Note that MetroPCS has acquired T-Mobile and is in the process of merging (but keeping the T-Mobile name).

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm grandfathered in with unlimited at Verizon too, and it's 22 percent off the entire bill for me.

It's 22% off the phone portion & 20% off the data portion for me.

vzw.jpg
vzw.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No one is still grandfathered in with Verizon. When u go to upgrade they will take that away just FYI.

You're grandfathered as long as you don't purchase the device through vzw. You basically have to buy devices on a different account and swap them (my wife does that on her ipad account, then swaps them to her grandfathered account) or buy devices on ebay/craigslist (which is how I got my smartphone & kept my unlimited data).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah like I said u can't use an upgrade.

But really unless u stream music or video all the time 2-3 GB is about all anyone will use.

With wifi at the house I don't even come close to my 2 GB

cynic

No one is still grandfathered in with Verizon. When u go to upgrade they will take that away just FYI.

Agree/Disagree.

You lose your unlimited data plan if you receive a subsidized upgrade on your next phone and sign a new contract.

You keep your unlimited data plan (tentatively...) if you pay full price for your upgraded phone (or keep your current device) and don't mess with your current contract.

I eat data like a fat kid eats cake...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah like I said u can't use an upgrade.

But really unless u stream music or video all the time 2-3 GB is about all anyone will use.

With wifi at the house I don't even come close to my 2 GB

I don't stream much video but I do listen to sirius over my smartphone in the car on the way to work & back and go over 5GB monthly, so I guess I fall into the streaming category. I also use my smartphone as a free wifi hotspot when on vacation, traveling, etc. The 4g is almost as fast as my home comcast cable modem.