cell phone discount

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
AT&T here with the 10gug family data and 4 lines each with an IPhone. I pay 246.00 a month unlimited talk,text, and the 10gigs of data, more than enough since the kids and wife are around wifi mostly anyways. I burn about 3 gigs streaming pandora and other talk radio shows around 4hrs a day Mon-Fri. This is with our 20% discount as well.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
When I went to cancel my AT&T account, they offered me unlimited text & 250MB data (since increased to 500MB) for $10/month -- very surprising since cumulatively over the two year contract I'm paying less than the subsidy of the iPhone. Probably has a lot to do since I've been with Ameritech->SBC->Cingular->AT&T forever. I use my iPhone A LOT -- about half my web browsing/e-mailing, constant news/weather/sports updates & frequent check-ins on my home security system (including remote control of lights/air/heat/etc.) In a typical month, I use between 200MB-250MB. If you turn off push e-mail, don't stream video, and connect to WiFi where available, it's more than enough.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I went to cancel my AT&T account, they offered me unlimited text & 250MB data (since increased to 500MB) for $10/month -- very surprising since cumulatively over the two year contract I'm paying less than the subsidy of the iPhone. Probably has a lot to do since I've been with Ameritech->SBC->Cingular->AT&T forever. I use my iPhone A LOT -- about half my web browsing/e-mailing, constant news/weather/sports updates & frequent check-ins on my home security system (including remote control of lights/air/heat/etc.) In a typical month, I use between 200MB-250MB. If you turn off push e-mail, don't stream video, and connect to WiFi where available, it's more than enough.

Hell some android apps and games I install are more than you use in a month.