Cell phones/ tips and tricks

over9five

Staff member
You have never gone to the mall or parked at the airport and forgotten where you have parked? I played "find the car" when I had my Explorer and my daughter does it with her Nissan.

No, but I have always had large vehicles that you can see from afar. I understand not being able to see a small car amidst the hundreds of others.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One problem I have with my HTC Thunderbolt is the battery life. You have to make sure you close all the apps to keep the battery from draining. I like to Restart it to make sure that everything gets turned off. I like the I Heart Radio app to listen to a radio station while I'm eating lunch. I can read my e-mails, news, pay bills, run missorts using Google Earth, and a lot of other stuff. It entertains me so I have something to do and I take every single minute of my lunch hour. I use the calculator balancing my checkbook, and it takes great pictures too.

DS

Fenderbender
It's insane the number of free APPS in the android market.
Mostly dumb crap I have no use for.Russian roulette? Police scanner?
Barcode scanner?(can I use this if my diad dies?)Make your screen crack?
I could see the flashlight coming in handy,and radio,but...

DS

Fenderbender
An app to transform your phone into a metal detector,a star trek tricorder,(tempted... he he)
All we need is one that uses 2 phones ...do your own MRI

over9five

Staff member
Here's a cool app I downloaded last night.

MyCast. It's a weather app that also lets you see radar (moving) on your phone. Zoom in, pan, see when that storms about to hit ya!
Get the Mycast Lite, it's free.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's a cool app I downloaded last night.

MyCast. It's a weather app that also lets you see radar (moving) on your phone. Zoom in, pan, see when that storms about to hit ya!
Get the Mycast Lite, it's free.
I use the Camp Pendleton site .....has the moving radar too. Also free and pretty accurate with the forecasts. You can do all 57 states on it too.

The Camp Pendleton, California Aviation Weather Report and Forecast - Wind Speed, Temperature, Wind Direction, Precipitation Forecast

DS

Fenderbender
Google updated my phone today to ICS 4.4 android.
Now I gotta figure it out all over again:) I did learn something today.
The first android phone in '09 was called cupcake,then donut,
then gingerbread.Now its ICS,ice cream sandwich.
It tastes better all the time.
It's insane that my phone can do all this crap.
Check out an app ironically called "PCM" light,
It works great!

DS

Fenderbender
I was the life of the party the other night.Well my phone was,I downloaded the google sky map.
Everyone was searching for planets and stars,it is really amazing.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Pretty cool, DS. There doesn't seem to be an app for the iPhone. :(

Google Sky

That's because it's an andriod app made by Google. Android is Google's response to Apple's iPhone. There has to be something along the same lines though.

I enjoy that I find myself at the perfect age range. Young enough to know and understand the new technologies, but old enough not to give a flying crap if I ndont have it. Although, I felt old when someone posted and acronym on facebook and I had to google it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I can just look on the computer. It has a bigger screen, anyway. I have more than enough of those stupid apps on my cell, as it is. :bigsmile2:

Thank you, though.

DS

Fenderbender
That's because it's an andriod app made by Google.

I enjoy that I find myself at the perfect age range. Young enough to know and understand the new technologies, but old enough not to give a flying crap if I ndont have it. Although, I felt old when someone posted and acronym on facebook and I had to google it.

I'm so old I don't have a Facebook account.
Android is Google's response to Apple's iPhone. There has to be something along the same lines though.

indeed there is.

Apps for Stargazing: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide

over9five

Staff member
My son has a "rotary phone" app, where you actually dial by dragging the numbers like the old days!

yeah, it's dumb.....

over9five

Staff member
rotary-dailer-sleek.png