Cell phones/ tips and tricks

menotyou

bella amicizia
If I were to do this, could I delete the "mandatory" apps that come with the phone? I get updates every day for crap I'll never use.

And the phase shifter sounds like IT would be useful!
I have got to figure out how to turn off the need for a password, as far as updates are concerned. Those stupid things are ANNOYING!

DS

Fenderbender
If I were to do this, could I delete the "mandatory" apps that come with the phone? I get updates every day for crap I'll never use.
And the phase shifter sounds like IT would be useful!

Yes the stupid apps you never use would be unnecessary.
Not sure if the phase shifter app is available in your area:wink2:
I did find a great app for saving memory on your phone.
It allows you to store the info from the sites you never use to your sd card.
There's a free version at the google play store...

DS

Fenderbender
This is bizarre! I am posting this on my mac and using my android phone as a portable hot spot.
What a wonderful world :wink2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have that, too! But, posting stupid videos on BC used 75% of my allowance for this month! 2gigabits a month. It's nifty, but I doubt I'll keep it. I have the unlimited-unlimited plan that averizon hates, but it doesn't use that data allowance. Wtf!?!?!??!??

DS

Fenderbender
Ice cream sandwich update 4.1.2 galaxy nexus series phone released today.
I like that my phone is almost 2 years old but does pretty much everything
the new ones do.I'm sure iPhones are just as nice,but I'd like to make the choice.
My mac won't sync with my android phone and It pisses me off.

over9five

Staff member
Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth headset for listening to Pandora on a smartphone? I hate ear buds and wires, they won't stay in my ears. There must be a good, small, headphone type of thing.

over9five

Staff member
My contract with AT&T expires in June. I will be looking for a better deal.

I have 3 smart phones with data and text packages, cost's about $170/month. That's insane.

I've heard commercials for somebody (Metro something?) for $30/month per phone, includes everything. That would about cut my bill in half. I'd just like to talk to someone that has it first, see if they like it.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
My contract with AT&T expires in June. I will be looking for a better deal.

I have 3 smart phones with data and text packages, cost's about $170/month. That's insane.

I've heard commercials for somebody (Metro something?) for $30/month per phone, includes everything. That would about cut my bill in half. I'd just like to talk to someone that has it first, see if they like it.
We have 3 iPhones & my youngest has an older phone for talk & text. We are over $200 a month. I saw a commercial this weekend for that $30/ month service. I'm very interested too. I love Verizon, but damn, the bill is out of control

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pretty awesome
Smart TV 2012

My daughter and son-in-law have this TV and, you're right---it is pretty awesome. I bought them a wireless adapter that allows them to use their video game system, laptop and DVD player wirelessly through the TV. They have FIOS and the picture is amazing. Now if only the content was equally impressive.