cell phones

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I took the big step and bought 2 cellphones last Saturday for my wife and I.
Went with a new company called wind mobile.
Stevetheupsguy is officially the only one in the world without one.
I see what upstate meant ,it makes life easier.
Unfortunately, the ""almost" former Mrs Stug gave me her cell phone when we split. I have no clue why she would want a different number and phone. So I ended up having to keep this thing till the contract expires. Needless to say, since I'm on a budget, I dropped my land line, so I didn't have 2 bills, though this one costs way more. Come December, when the contract expires, I will be reverting back to the cave.

I'm with Steve, I still don't have one and am sick of saying "pardon me" to people walking by me and talking away!
Alas, you are now alone, though I still agree with everything you say about cell phones.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, I think if you had gone to your wireless provider, explained the situation they may have worked with you on either lowering or waiving the early termination fee on your 2nd phone.

I dropped my landline years ago and do not miss it at all; in fact, when I remodeled, I removed all of the phone jacks throughout the house. The wires are still in the walls in case I sell and the new owner is still in the dark ages.

bigbrownhen

I found that cell phones and the computer are great ways to keep tabs on the kiddos from the "tween" to "teen" years. In this day and age, they are very tech savvy, and if they aren't talkin about it, their friends are. For some reason or another, this generation will respond faster to a text message than a phone call.

As in all things new, there are good points and bad.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, I think if you had gone to your wireless provider, explained the situation they may have worked with you on either lowering or waiving the early termination fee on your 2nd phone.

I dropped my landline years ago and do not miss it at all; in fact, when I remodeled, I removed all of the phone jacks throughout the house. The wires are still in the walls in case I sell and the new owner is still in the dark ages.
I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll let you know, when I wake up.

DS

Fenderbender
Steve, I think if you had gone to your wireless provider, explained the situation they may have worked with you on either lowering or waiving the early termination fee on your 2nd phone

He's right,they will give you some options.
Call them,and stop pouting.:happy2:

old levi's

blank space
I found that cell phones and the computer are great ways to keep tabs on the kiddos from the "tween" to "teen" years. In this day and age, they are very tech savvy, and if they aren't talkin about it, their friends are. For some reason or another, this generation will respond faster to a text message than a phone call.

As in all things new, there are good points and bad.

I do not understand the fascination with texting; can someone please enlighten me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think people like to talk to other people, without actually "saying" anything. I'm with you, just call me and talk.

I'm not a "texter" but I can see where it would save time over calling the person. When you call you have to go through all of the "how are you" stuff--when you text you can get right to the point.

over9five

Staff member
I'm not a "texter" but I can see where it would save time over calling the person. When you call you have to go through all of the "how are you" stuff--when you text you can get right to the point.

Not only that, you don't have to talk all day. I hate talking on the phone. A quick text here and there is great. You're under no pressure to answer a text right away, or ever.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With the grandkids here, we had to make a rule......cell phones have to be plugged in for recharging at 9:00 PM in a room other than their bedroom........go, chill in bed and watch tv. I think they would text all night if left to their own devices. Besides, it's doors locked and lights out at 9 around here.

They are usually asleep by 10. They know how to set their TV for auto-turn off.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have a Sprint EVO 4G with Google. Texting (big virtual key board) for less than nimble fingers I can text whole words (with spell check) All kinds of mobile apps Google maps turn by turn GPS ,Blue Tooth to car speaker for hands free,10 MPix camera with video,E-mail, internet, google shopping with bar code scanner for comparitive shopping,free TV, HDMI streaming,ESPN sports ( I can check on the Phils,Eagles and Flyers) and best of all Brown Cafe Mobile.
PS Used the UPS sprint discount and recieved a very good deal.Best Android on the market !
Have to keep up with the kids !

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Good game so far--1-1 top 6th.

Will that fan get to keep that bat?
That fan looked like a person with no sense of humor.(A real stick in the mud) I thing he was a UPS manager LOL
You could tell because they were expensive seats.Only management types can afford, he belongs in Yankee Stadium.