Cell Phones

brownthis

What is UPS policy about cell phones in the building. I have seen unloaders, preloaders, reloaders, clerks, (you get it) talking on their phones while being paid by ups to unload or load pkgs. Supervisor doesn't even say anything. I mean " get close" "position feet" "tuck your phone under your ear" wait no I mean hold phone in hand but "grasp opposite ends and check for shifting contents" with your third hand.. no... I mean ..... I don't know what I mean... just sign off on this mis-load. Here is a biscuit ..we are cool right.

over9five

Staff member
I almost got run over by a bulk cart driver the other night. He was going real slow, but he was staring at a phone in his right hand, and holding another phone device in his left hand that was also steering the bulk cart.
Real safe.

I almost got run over by a bulk cart driver the other night. He was going real slow, but he was staring at a phone in his right hand, and holding another phone device in his left hand that was also steering the bulk cart.
Real safe.
You should have kept your eyes ahead of you work.

UPSGUY72

brownthis:941021 said:
What is UPS policy about cell phones in the building. I have seen unloaders, preloaders, reloaders, clerks, (you get it) talking on their phones while being paid by ups to unload or load pkgs. Supervisor doesn't even say anything. I mean " get close" "position feet" "tuck your phone under your ear" wait no I mean hold phone in hand but "grasp opposite ends and check for shifting contents" with your third hand.. no... I mean ..... I don't know what I mean... just sign off on this mis-load. Here is a biscuit ..we are cool right.

How does this effect you?

Cell phone rules vary from building to building.

FAVREFAN

Total b.s. in my building. Whoever kisses ass the most gets to have their phone.

brownthis

The same way it effects you JA. Don't be stupid. What's wrong with doing the right thing. We are paid to be safe provide good service and be productive. I guess you dis agree with that too. Take the amount of employees UPS has and put them on their cell phones while at work being paid by UPS for just 1 minute a day everyday and divide that by 60, then times your hourly rate. How much money does that cost you and ME? Do you have any stock in this company? Please!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The same way it effects you JA. Don't be stupid. What's wrong with doing the right thing. We are paid to be safe provide good service and be productive. I guess you dis agree with that too. Take the amount of employees UPS has and put them on their cell phones while at work being paid by UPS for just 1 minute a day everyday and divide that by 60, then times your hourly rate. How much money does that cost you and ME? Do you have any stock in this company? Please!
Still dosn't equal the time and cost per hour lost to the company by managers out playing golf and leaving early on Fridays !!

midwest brown

I have no time to talk. I don't understand how you can work and talk at the same time? Atleast if they have a hands free device then I could see them using their hands for picking up boxes!

rocket man

what bugs me about cell phones we all pull out of hub just say avg 9 am , just pulled off dock heading to get on road who could theses driver be talking to at 9 am whats so important while im trying to get going there talking texting ect even while doing there walk around ? cell phones are costly.