Cellphones in Massachusetts

over9five

Staff member
OK, what plans you got?

I've had Verizon for many years, but there's no coverage at my house.
ATTs map shows excellent coverage at my house, so if I switched I could cancel my landline and save big bucks.

OR....... I can get this thingy from Verizon that plugs into your router and makes your house covered. I guess your cell voice goes thru the internet??? Thingy costs $100, I think, but nothing monthly. Of course, if you lose power or internet - no phone.

Just looked. It's a "Network Extender" and it's $250, yikes!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm on Verizon but I have great coverage. I want to get rid of my house phone but the I would have to change my internet. Have decided what to do about that yet. LOL

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We're pretty flat and level here in Florida, so I'm guessing any brand will do, though anytime someone calls us using sprint it sounds terrible. That aside, the Wife uses AT&T and loves the quality. I'm not giving up my land line though, because then I wouldn't get any calls.:dissapointed:

Whoops, sorry, 9/5, I should have read that this thread was only for those in Mass. Nevermind then.

[video=youtube;V3FnpaWQJO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0[/video]

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What if you are from Mass. but live elsewhere now ???
What if you will be in Mass April 18th 2011 for a "certain" event? What if you have driven through Mass at some point in your life? What if you were once a great Mass but are now back to looking like you did in High School?:happy2:
You'd think I was&.jpg
2130.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I assume you're already taking advantage of the 22% discount we get on Verizon? To me that would be a big reason to stay with them if at all possible. The discount might even apply to that network extender, I know I got 22% off when I ordered higher capacity batteries for my cell. $250 really isn't that much anyway, and if the discount saves you $25 dollars a month it will pay for itself in less than a year. I never hear anything good about ATT down this way, they might be better up there.
Getting rid of my land line and going completely cellular is something I've never once regretted. Unless you miss telemarketers...:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It took me almost 6 months to finally decide to drop my land line and go completely cellular. I should have done it much sooner. I have Verizon and also take the 22% discount.

Verizon should add this to their commercials: "No more telemarketers!"

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Enjoy the marathon, Steve. Make sure you have a little left in the tank for Heartbreak Hill. If I remember correctly it is somewhere around mile 20 or 21.
I've heard, UGH, thank God I have over a year to prep. Let's just hope I don't prep for this as well as I prepped for the cruise.:sad-little:

over9five

Staff member
I assume you're already taking advantage of the 22% discount we get on Verizon? To me that would be a big reason to stay with them if at all possible. The discount might even apply to that network extender, I know I got 22% off when I ordered higher capacity batteries for my cell. $250 really isn't that much anyway, and if the discount saves you $25 dollars a month it will pay for itself in less than a year. I never hear anything good about ATT down this way, they might be better up there.
Getting rid of my land line and going completely cellular is something I've never once regretted. Unless you miss telemarketers...:wink2:

Yup, I get the discount with Verizon, but we also have 20% off with ATT. I tried to go just cellular a couple years ago, but had to get a landline back cuz Verizon doesn't have service here. I would love to have cell service here and drop the landline....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yup, I get the discount with Verizon, but we also have 20% off with ATT. I tried to go just cellular a couple years ago, but had to get a landline back cuz Verizon doesn't have service here. I would love to have cell service here and drop the landline....
Ya know, if you just stopped talking so much you could get rid of both lines.:wink2: