Cellphones in Massachusetts

over9five

Staff member
How 'bout phones?

Anyone know about phone models?

We're looking at the Mythic, Solstice, Flight.
There's just 3 of us now.... Daughter has joined fiance on his plan.
We want a qwerty keyboard for texting, we don't surf the net, ummmm
Talked to an ATT chick at the mall today, she said we could transfer our existing numbers from Verizon, that's way cool, didn't know we could.

TheKid

I checked the coverage map. It says I should have moderate coverage. It depends on where I stand in my yard. In fairness to at&t, I live in the sticks.

iowa boy

Do me a favor and check this Coverage Viewer. What kind of service does it say you should have? It says I should have excellent coverage at my house, I just don't know if I believe it.

Does AT&T offer a 15 or 30 day guarantee like Verizon does? That would help you make that decision. Also, what is the topography around where you live? Hilly, flat, lots of trees, etc? Do you live on a top of a hill or on the side of a hill or in a valley between two hills?

I live in a valley between two hills and have crappy reception outside my house and no reception for calls inside, but can still send and receive texts.

For what its worth, I'm with Verizon too.

over9five

Staff member
I decided last night not to give anymore of my money to Verizon. I've paid them for many years, and they've never improved their service in my area.

So I ordered three new phones and service from ATT via UPSers.com. Got the discount, no shipping charge, no activation fee. The only downside was I couldn't keep my same numbers, but I don't even care about that.

Hope I like it, cuz it's a 2 year commitment!

over9five

Staff member
Does AT&T offer a 15 or 30 day guarantee like Verizon does? That would help you make that decision. Also, what is the topography around where you live? Hilly, flat, lots of trees, etc? Do you live on a top of a hill or on the side of a hill or in a valley between two hills?

I live in a valley between two hills and have crappy reception outside my house and no reception for calls inside, but can still send and receive texts.

For what its worth, I'm with Verizon too.

I live on the side of a mountain kinda... The land rises behind me for a mile of forest, but wayyyy up there is an ATT tower. I always hoped Verizon would put a tower up out here, but it's never happened.

iowa boy

I live on the side of a mountain kinda... The land rises behind me for a mile of forest, but wayyyy up there is an ATT tower. I always hoped Verizon would put a tower up out here, but it's never happened.

If you have an AT&T tower that close to your house, you should have good to damn good service. Skimming the Terms of Service on their website, you have 3 days after you activate your phones to cancel your service and get your activation fee back, and 30 days to cancel your service and not pay the early termination fee.

Link to service agreement:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...erviceAgreement&q_termsName=Service+Agreement

Here you can see it for yourself.

I am the type of person who reads the fine print on agreements that I sign so I know the way out if there is a problem.

Hopefully, this gives you a little reassurance with your decision.

iowa

over9five

Staff member
If you have an AT&T tower that close to your house, you should have good to damn good service. Skimming the Terms of Service on their website, you have 3 days after you activate your phones to cancel your service and get your activation fee back, and 30 days to cancel your service and not pay the early termination fee.

Link to service agreement:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...erviceAgreement&q_termsName=Service+Agreement

Here you can see it for yourself.

I am the type of person who reads the fine print on agreements that I sign so I know the way out if there is a problem.

Hopefully, this gives you a little reassurance with your decision.

iowa
It does, thanks!