Cellular Device as GPS

oldngray

nowhere special
There's a street in a town I cover where some houses are numbered off the town numbering system and some houses Re numbered off the borough system(we have boroughs here instead of counties).

So imagine three lots side by side addressed
12501 East Main Street
715 West Main Street
12551 East Main Street

Get lots of NSNs when rookies run this.

I delivered an area that had county and city numbers on the same road. There were houses with the same number about half a mile apart. It has since been cleaned up though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Explain how having a quick reference point at any point in the day without having to use a paper map or punch in addresses on my phone is a failure...
Explain how you're gonna get your job back when you get in an accident from distracted driving.

Yeah well boss I just glanced down at the tablet real quick to see where I needed to turn and they came out of nowhere. Lmao

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We get paid by the hour. Let management worry about if you have a map or not. Trust me, once they know the day will tank, you will have a map-pronto!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Here's a pic of a "road" google maps just tried to take me down

image.jpg

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I had that happen to me once. I was probably one or two hundred yards into it before I realized the "road" was only going to get worse (as in completely impassable). I then spent the next twenty minutes backing out of it. I flip it off every time I drive by it now.
Ladies brother came down it on a quad. Took the box.

SCV good to go sir.

Here's a pic of a "road" google maps just tried to take me down

View attachment 51237
If that was the suggested route from Orion, I would driven on it and prayed to cardboard Jesus that my truck would get stuck on it so that I could call my center manager and justify my actions by saying I was trying to follow Orion.

Sigh.... It's alright. I'm only here for the rest of my life, I'm sure I'll have my moments. =D

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I had my ORION ride the guy was looking at his little Google Earth tablet and wanted me to make a right turn onto "4-wheel drive road."

I had to explain to him that "4-wheel drive" wasn't a name...it was a warning.

UPSGUY72

I use a map unless I'm running sat air. When I run Saturday Air I separate the packages by zip code and then use google maps on my phone if I don't know where the street are.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If that was the suggested route from Orion, I would driven on it and prayed to cardboard Jesus that my truck would get stuck on it so that I could call my center manager and justify my actions by saying I was trying to follow Orion.

Sigh.... It's alright. I'm only here for the rest of my life, I'm sure I'll have my moments. =D
Yep. I know a place that for Orion and the Orion people told them to cut through a field road to save a mile. Driver said ok but first time it's wet I'm burying it axle deep and calling you.

Foamer Pyle

Good for you. I'm in this game for the long haul. Maybe if you run fast enough you can come take stops from me.
That's funny kid, 26 years in, 4 to go. I have already made the long haul, and I certainly didn't get here running. I will take any safe short cut that makes my life easier. Paper maps are like 8 tracks and VHS tapes, obsolete.