Censorship on Brown Café has Gone Overboard!

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Cheryl,

This website ridiculously censors people who do not agree with Hoffa, Hall, UPS management or any of their worthless followers!

Several people have been subjected to a moderator before their comments are posted simply because their Old Guard followers and Old Guard Moderators don't like what's posted about the corrupt leadership of the IBT under Hoffa and Hall.

Cheryl, I hope that you supervise your website in a more democratic manner and remove all your moderators.

Cheryl, you alone should be the sole moderator of this website. It is despicable what your moderators have been doing!

Best,

Hoffa SUX

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Thank you balland chain, my assumption is that your one of these censored.

Over9five, If I would have put this on a private message it would have been brushed under the rug. Dirty laundry doesn't get cleaned by hiding it.

I've private messaged Cheryl on several occasions about this and she's unaware. What Cheryl has done is give to much power to Old Guard moderators.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Most of the overly zealous members on this site have been moderated in the past.

Hell, even I've gotten the ol' PM from over9five

Don't turn this into a political issue !!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wow. I don't even know what you are talking about. But I think you might be an overbearing zealot. Just saying. Please, someone call the WHHHHHambulance, quick.

I have never censored anyone, because I basically don't know anything about Hall, Hoffa, or ups management. I don't know old guard from new.
Yes your thoughts are welcome. But this was quite rude. Have a great night.

DS

Fenderbender
Yea,what she said.
When someone disagrees with you,
Insulting them is the least best thing to do.
There is no brown iron curtain here,we just trash the
crap and try to keep everyone happy.
Maybe Hoffa is the devil,maybe ups is,but this is
​just a discussion forum,not a jury.

stink219

Cheryl,

This website ridiculously censors people who do not agree with Hoffa, Hall, UPS management or any of their worthless followers!

Several people have been subjected to a moderator before their comments are posted simply because their Old Guard followers and Old Guard Moderators don't like what's posted about the corrupt leadership of the IBT under Hoffa and Hall.

Cheryl, I hope that you supervise your website in a more democratic manner and remove all your moderators.

Cheryl, you alone should be the sole moderator of this website. It is despicable what your moderators have been doing!

Best,

Hoffa SUX
This is a ridiculous statement. Not surprised you take that position. I was censored too. And as you and your cousin Realbrown say I am an OG cheerleader. Was it because I'm a YES vote? Or I'm anti TDU? Not at all. I'm not crying about being censored. I didn't follow the rules and this is the result. Although it felt great, it still was beyond the level of acceptance. Only the people with ignorance of their own actions would try to justify it as a political position over just poor decision making. I'll do my time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think that both the level of censorship and moderation have improved on the BC. I don't see mods taking sides very often, and I think there is more freedom of expression than before. Basically, the only time I see someone slapped down these days is for blatant attacks and four-letter words. In other words, a positive evolution.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl,

Best,

Hoffa SUX
As I told you via pm when you complained that you were being censored every newly registered account is automatically diverted into the mod queue when they post links or use certain words that are often used by spammers or trolls. That's so we can prevent malicious attacks and identify and ban spammers and trolls. Accounts are automatically moved to Trusted/Registered Users from Newbies group when they have reached a certain post-count.

That's not censorship. It just an automated way to keep spammers and trolls off of the public forum. You're new so I'll politely mention here that I have no tolerance of public mod bashing. Do it again and you will earn yourself an infraction and wind up in the mod queue permanently. Please read our TOS for more info. If you have concerns or questions feel free to send me a pm.

Cheryl,

Best,

Hoffa SUX
I've gotten in trouble on this site a few times. I was wrong and Cheryl was MORE than fair. This is her site and she demands respect and deserves it. If you can't abide by the rules then suffer the consequence. Show her some respect she made this site for everyone. I enjoy it very much and the many many times I log in a day I thank her for it in my head. It has helped me a lot. Thanks Cheryl.

This is a ridiculous statement. Not surprised you take that position. I was censored too. And as you and your cousin Realbrown say I am an OG cheerleader. Was it because I'm a YES vote? Or I'm anti TDU? Not at all. I'm not crying about being censored. I didn't follow the rules and this is the result. Although it felt great, it still was beyond the level of acceptance. Only the people with ignorance of their own actions would try to justify it as a political position over just poor decision making. I'll do my time.
This is a good member of this site and a valued one also. I know he knows right from wrong and I hope he gets out of quere soon. He was defending me a lot of the time and I appreciate him and it. And I'm not drunk posting. I haven't drank in weeks.

hyena

Ive been in trouble on this site before also. Its been a few years ago though. And sometimes some of my drunken or even sober inputs was not always the most tasteful. So it is what it is but anyway this is a great place to vent and get alot of different opinions and advice from UPSers around the world.

balland chain

Why is it that we can not express our feelings or daily events on this site.. I too have had post' removed for an unknown reason.. Was it the fact that I spoke about how UPS MGMT bullied a former co-worker to the point where he hung himself? Or could it be any other of the TRUE incidents that have occurred at UPS over my 26 years there? We are unable to speak our minds at UPS, and now on a open forum we are being censored ? We live in America, where thank GOD we are given certain freedoms. If Brown Cafe is truly a site for UPSers to converse then what is the need for censorship? I do understand no cuss words, or vulgar subjects, but when we are discussing, or making a statement that has truth to it that does not favor UPS or another entity, why is it removed ? Speaking for myself, all my post are either true stories, or my opinion of what ever thread I am responding to . Removing responses or threads only make it appear that the person who removes such has a bias, or has been instructed by a higher up to not allow the words to get out.. Such a shame...

A

anonymous6

you are way off base buddy. the mods have shown a lot of latitude lately especially with all the heated contract debates.