Censorship on Brown Cafe

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UpstateNYUPSer, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Is it just me or has the level of censorship by the mods or the owner of this site increased as of late? I posted twice in the RIP Dannyboy thread and, while I will admit that the posts were less than polite, IMO they did not cross the line and should not have been deleted. I have noticed other members complaining that their posts have either been altered or deleted entirely.

While I do understand the need to maintain a certain level of decorum, I fear that we are getting to the point where we may need to change the name from Brown Cafe to Plain Vanilla Cafe.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic?

2. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

The site owner has to answer to google. If Google gets :censored2: she don't make as much money. Money rules the world.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

I'm fairly certain that the words that I used to describe Danny would be of little interest to Google.

4. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Moderators on here are people. They make judgements just like people. People are day to day just like moderators.

5. One of mine was deleted also. It was off topic ..so I don't a problem.

Your posts was just tasteless

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Ive had already auto censored words removed from my post thus rendering my post devoid of meaning. I was put in mod que for a non-offensive post and am now targetted constantly and my posts are edited for no reason.

And then when you report mods making offensive posts you are targeted even more by the same mod you reported. All the owners of this site care about is ad revenue

They dont care about creating a place where ups employees can express their thoughts without censorship or reprisal. I wouldnt be suprised if they sold this site to ups and ups is the one doing the censoring

7. Google no....the rest of us...yes.
    You honestly can't be serious?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

9. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

If your post was deleted it was because a thread was started by scratch, to be a condolence thread. I believe this would be the one you were referring to although there have been so many.

When you go to a funeral home, you say good things about the person, If you cannot, you probably shouldnt go.

If you quoted the words which were deleted, because they had no place in a condolence thread, that is why yours was deleted. even if you were telling the person who wrote inappropriate things in a condolence thread, that his words were wrong, time/place.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  10. Wut?
    That's just crazy talk. I don't always agree with all of these mods decisions. I can guarantee you that @cheryl is counting stacks of $100 bills..
    . at least not from this site.

11. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

kp8te.gif
    This will be entertaining

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. toonertoo

I can assure you this site has not been taken over by UPS. I would never work for them twice.
    I can also assure you that none of us mods, get online and says "who can we censor today?" We like to read, and enjoy also. Preferring to never censor nor delete.

When we do it is to keep our site friendly.

13. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Time to derail already?

trainwreck.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Oh I can , I can derail with the best of them

15. So I have to make sexually suggestive remarks in another thread?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. toonertoo

Yes, its called a pm

17. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Speaking ill of the dead.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Hold on girlfriend.

19. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

So when d e posts items that get deleted or moded, he will start a thread crying censorship.

When others post things about Dave and then Dave cries and it gets deleted, he will say it's fair and other's comments are out of line.

Is that right? Ok gotcha

I'm with@turdferguson, this thread is gonna be entertaining to watch.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Don't like it Dave? Don't let the door hit you as you leave.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.