Centennial Roadshow ... pretty lame ...

aspenleaf

I took my family (husband, daughter and in-laws) to the party. They enjoyed seeing the tour of the building and my daughter loved seeing all those trucks. My family had a nice time and they were able to meet some of the people I work with. We didn't eat anything because we had to go to a wedding that afternoon but they had a lot of food.

My daughter had fun making an airplane in the kiddie tent and she loved seeing the race car.

It was a nice time to hang out at work and not have to work. There could have been more but I don't know what I would have added. It seem well organized and overall it was fun.

over9five

Staff member
"The dog and pony show came to Denver yesterday."

Hmmm.... I wonder how many they have, because it was here in Chelmsford MA yesterday too.

I didn't go, too much to do at home..... OK, to be honest, I wouldn't have gone for any reason. No way I'd go to work unpaid!

Friday they started us all early to kick it off. No Mikey, but D Scott Davis was there. He spoke, and was actually likeable! (Unlike Mike, who it hurts to listen to!)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sammie, I'm surprised at your comments. If the guy works for UPS, it doesn't matter what capacity, he has every right to bring his whole fam damily!! I would think that's a good thing to make it a big family-type day. Think of all the folks who don't come....I'm sure there was plenty of food for everyone.

browniehound

LOL, that was the classiest port a pod I've ever seen.
Tie and Harry, I thought I was peeing at Plaza Hotel when I was in that bathroom. Those things are truely amazing. Air-conditioned, spot-less floors and sinks. Automatic flushing. Hands-free faucets. Nice job Kholer:thumbup1:

Sammie

Sammie, I'm surprised at your comments. If the guy works for UPS, it doesn't matter what capacity, he has every right to bring his whole fam damily!! I would think that's a good thing to make it a big family-type day. Think of all the folks who don't come....I'm sure there was plenty of food for everyone.

More,

You have valid points there.

But on a personal level, I probably have 25-30 entended family members in the Denver area and unless I was hosting a family gathering, it simply wouldn't occur to me to gather them all up and cart them off to a free event of any kind...

Last edited:

raceanoncr

At least here, we're getting the lot cleaned up, things painted, new sod that's always torn up by spotters and feeders driving on it. So, life's good after all.

Hmmm...maybe package cars and tractors will get washed this year too...hmmmmm....

W

westsideworma

"The dog and pony show came to Denver yesterday."

Hmmm.... I wonder how many they have, because it was here in Chelmsford MA yesterday too.

I didn't go, too much to do at home..... OK, to be honest, I wouldn't have gone for any reason. No way I'd go to work unpaid!

Friday they started us all early to kick it off. No Mikey, but D Scott Davis was there. He spoke, and was actually likeable! (Unlike Mike, who it hurts to listen to!)

It was in Norwood too on June 2nd, I didn't go I was kind of surprised it didn't go to our hub in Worcester, I mean Norwood is just a center. You're a CHEMA a over9? So theres two people from there on here from that building. Theres one other from my building but I don't think I've ever met him.

area43

A cookout on Founder's Day? All we get is a crappy piece of stale sheet cake from WalMart. Consider yourself lucky if you get a cookout!
In our center, we the drivers would eat half the cake before we left the building in the morning. Then when I would come back in the evening I would see the cake still on the counter looking like a big pile of :censored2:. The sups had finger :censored2:ed the thing to death. Was it the same at your center?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
In our center, we the drivers would eat half the cake before we left the building in the morning. Then when I would come back in the evening I would see the cake still on the counter looking like a big pile of :censored2:. The sups had finger :censored2:ed the thing to death. Was it the same at your center?

Did it taste better after the sups. violated it?

1eyejack

Shoot r local 769 spends 50,000 dollars on there labor picnic. for the hard work we do .Why they sit in our union hall with ac we built with our xtra due money that should have been paid it off by NOW.. ... at least UPS can top that close down the whole disney world and have a all out party for all of are family to enjoy the great 100 yrs ... now that would be a party

Shoot r local 769 spends 50,000 dollars on there labor picnic. for the hard work we do .Why they sit in our union hall with ac we built with our xtra due money that should have been paid it off by NOW.. ... at least UPS can top that close down the whole disney world and have a all out party for all of are family to enjoy the great 100 yrs ... now that would be a party

I think that maybe your local could have spent that money better...Like maybe a strike fund...Plan ahead hope for the best, but plan for the worst. :wink:

retired2000

Re: Centennial Slogan...

i went to our little party on sat. it was not that bad. had a great day for it. sure we only had hamburgs and hot dogs but that was fine. grandkids had a great time. each had their picture taken beside the race car, old package car, and the package car with the flames on it. we did race the trucks and we have our bracelets. the band was great. as a retiree i got to see alot of old friends. my wife enjoyed the history part of the display. sure we could of had beer but come on it was a family thing. so before you bad mouth this event give it a try. i was there from 10:30 until 2 and we did not run out of anything.