center manager Claims that "Record Drive Release" packages are automatic refunds

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe the company should change air so that if it's scanned before 10:30, but stop completed after, it's late. Why do they even give drivers this risky option? Oh yeah, to friend--- them over. There must be more & more customers every day calling brown out on this practice. Do any of you actually have customers waiting & looking at the clock when you arrive be it almost late, late, or not? Can't say that I ever have. It's the same as pick up compliance. Most have 0 clue.

It was like that for a while where it marked the time you completed stop instead of when you scanned. It made it look like a lot of airs were late when they weren't. You could be there before 10:30 and the delay would be waiting for a signature for example.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Maybe the company should change air so that if it's scanned before 10:30, but stop completed after, it's late. Why do they even give drivers this risky option? Oh yeah, to friend--- them over. There must be more & more customers every day calling brown out on this practice. Do any of you actually have customers waiting & looking at the clock when you arrive be it almost late, late, or not? Can't say that I ever have. It's the same as pick up compliance. Most have 0 clue.
I am pretty sure I am not the only one who does this but my last air is usually delivered with my first bulk stop, so if I scan an air at 10:25 then scan 60 ground and stop complete at 10:40 I should be dinged with a late air?, I don't think so!

oldngray

nowhere special
Then it gets a stop complete time which will show late. Two times, two reports, same stop.

Stop complete time will be on a report but for tracking the scan time is what counts so as long as you scan before 10:30 it won't be late. Just don't scan then drive before you deliver or it will be a big red flag on a report.

By The Book

Stop complete time will be on a report but for tracking the scan time is what counts so as long as you scan before 10:30 it won't be late. Just don't scan then drive before you deliver or it will be a big red flag on a report.
What I'm saying, and it's been said multiple times by others, stop complete your air stops by the commit times. Stop complete it first, then sheet the same stop as duplicate.

oldngray

nowhere special
What I'm saying, and it's been said multiple times by others, stop complete your air stops by the commit times. Stop complete it first, then sheet the same stop as duplicate.

You don't need to do that. It was like that for a brief period but that was many years ago.

By The Book

You don't need to do that. It was like that for a brief period but that was many years ago.
I've always made it a point to stop complete by the commit time. I see your point, as long as your at the delivery point with the package scanned before the commit time. On a side note if you scan a residential saver and hit commercial or receiver by mistake, don't walk away. Void the packages/stop and re sheet so it's a residential in the diad. The company will say they owe a refund on those packages. Obviously this is for savers delivered after the commit times. This can be averted by removing the times in the commit screen.

FilingBluesFL

Do any of you actually have customers waiting & looking at the clock when you arrive be it almost late, late, or not? Can't say that I ever have. It's the same as pick up compliance. Most have 0 clue.

Usually when it's residential, I'll see a next day air sitting at the door that another driver had to deliver earlier in the morning.

Makes you feel good that someone rushed it over there before a certain time, just to sit there all day long until the ground gets there, and then sits for who knows how much longer that day.

I always kinda chuckle when I see an air sitting at a door as I'm rolling up with ground and/or other stuff.

S

selfcancelsignal

I am pretty sure I am not the only one who does this but my last air is usually delivered with my first bulk stop, so if I scan an air at 10:25 then scan 60 ground and stop complete at 10:40 I should be dinged with a late air?, I don't think so!
I hear ya. Did this a lot on my last bid route. I'm just posing the question. Actually want it to stay like it is.

BrownArmy

I cover several heavy business routes where I routinely get to the last air stop at 10:25 or so.

I'll start scanning the 50 NDA letters and 50 ground pieces at 10:26, won't stop complete until 10:40 or later, never heard a peep about it.

If in this example 50 NDA were showing up late on a report, I would have heard about it years ago. Not a peep.

Fragile

I cover several heavy business routes where I routinely get to the last air stop at 10:25 or so.

I'll start scanning the 50 NDA letters and 50 ground pieces at 10:26, won't stop complete until 10:40 or later, never heard a peep about it.

If in this example 50 NDA were showing up late on a report, I would have heard about it years ago. Not a peep.

As long as the you arrived before 10:30, scanned all packages and air at the same location, didn't move the package car, and stop completed the stop at the same location you scanned all the pieces, then you're good.