center manager DR's business

BrownSuit

Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense, leave a package outside a place of business and not walk in? Could it have been a home-based business?

Also, the center manager and FT Sup delivering doesn't jive either. I understand the original driver was arrested on an outstanding warrant, but how many of your center manager's or FT Sups would deliver instead of simply pulling somebody else from on area to pickup the package and take the car back?

In my mind it would be treated like an accident, other drivers would be pulled off to pickup the volume or at most a cover driver would be called in and given a guaranteed day. I can't see the Sup and center manager delivering together. If so, why would both be outside the business? One would be in the car, the other making the delivery or delivering to another address similar to Peak helpers.

Also, I find it strange who the OP is. Screamin Chicken, it's interesting that you claim harassment and that your Management Team is after you, but you seem to have plenty of time to attack them at every possible turn. Is it possible that they aren't after you, they are just covering themselves for your constant attacks?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
center manager had to run out in the afternoon and cover the route when his driver got locked up. I'm sure he was probably scrambling to cover several time commit issues and possibly lacking area knowledge when he showed up.

So do you believe that a driver who gets sent out late to do a route and is also scrambling to cover time issues and lacking area knowledge should be also given a free pass on DR'ing a business?

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall next time this particular center manager has an hourly in the office for disciplinary action pertaining to poor methods or DR claims. I am wondering if he will be willing to cut his driver the same slack he seems to want for himself.

tieguy

Banned
If a union service provider did that, he/she would be in trouble. Time commit issues or not.

I don't think so. I certainly would expect there may be issues if a union service provider or anyone else got thrown on a route under these conditions. I think if screaming chicken wants to make a case that his management team is screwed up then he probably should find a scenario that is not quite so unusual.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We had a driver that was pulled off the rd. my center manager and FT sup. get on the route and start to deliver it about 2 and waith for me and another driver to bail them out. The center manager and the FT DR a buisness outside and did not go back to get the OCA, instead another driver had to go by and get the OCA, the customer then said that he saw the 2 (center manager,FT) dr the pkg outside. When are the center manager, FT going to start to get warnings, 3 days, I mean if it was a driver we would be in alot of hotwater.

It's obvious ... the center manager did not know how to use the DIAD.
That's why he was promoted because he was too stupid to learn how to use it.

tieguy

Banned
So do you believe that a driver who gets sent out late to do a route and is also scrambling to cover time issues and lacking area knowledge should be also given a free pass on DR'ing a business?

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall next time this particular center manager has an hourly in the office for disciplinary action pertaining to poor methods or DR claims. I am wondering if he will be willing to cut his driver the same slack he seems to want for himself.

I would certainly expect that a situation so unusual would require some understanding regardless of who is delivering the route.

I think Brownsuit makes an excellent point. I find it hard to believe they dr'd a package to a commercial business when they could have simply walked inside?

I would certainly expect that a situation so unusual would require some understanding regardless of who is delivering the route.
I would think so too, but experience tells me this wouldn't happen if it was anyone else DRing a business stop.

I think Brownsuit makes an excellent point. I find it hard to believe they dr'd a package to a commercial business when they could have simply walked inside?
Well, unless you are claiming that the OP is flat out lying (which you nor Brownsuit neither have the basis to do), it has nothing to do with what you can believe. I've seen center manager, dm, DM as well as drivers do things that I "just couldn't believe they did that", yet they did. The OP is simply pointing out the hypocricy of, "Do as I say, not as I do".
From personal experience: I was once written up for DRing a NDA envelope to a buisness that was closed with a note on the door, " BE right back, gone to post office". I dropped the letter in their mail slot beside the door and saw it drop to the floor inside the office.

screamin chicken

Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense, leave a package outside a place of business and not walk in? Could it have been a home-based business?

Also, the center manager and FT Sup delivering doesn't jive either. I understand the original driver was arrested on an outstanding warrant, but how many of your center manager's or FT Sups would deliver instead of simply pulling somebody else from on area to pickup the package and take the car back?

In my mind it would be treated like an accident, other drivers would be pulled off to pickup the volume or at most a cover driver would be called in and given a guaranteed day. I can't see the Sup and center manager delivering together. If so, why would both be outside the business? One would be in the car, the other making the delivery or delivering to another address similar to Peak helpers.

Also, I find it strange who the OP is. Screamin Chicken, it's interesting that you claim harassment and that your Management Team is after you, but you seem to have plenty of time to attack them at every possible turn. Is it possible that they aren't after you, they are just covering themselves for your constant attacks?

Again another person thinking I am the problem here. First off my center only has 26 drivers, 4 of the 26 are laid off. we may run 22 runs a day there is no spare drivers both FT sups. are on the rd. and the center manager, and the FT disbatch were the one running the route , on this day the center manager waited an hr for the Disbatch Sup. to come from another center before working the route. This was at a small airport in which the doors were locked because the employee was gasing a plane and watch them DR a pkg, again it's a small airport they could have looked out on the runway and seen the employee.
This new management team will take the registration, ins. cards out of the cab them let you leave and then come to you on the rd. and displine you for it. They have also fired 2-3 drivers 2-3 time on just little things, They have also said another driver using his hand rail was stepping out to hard of the truck , he got a warning letter. If needed I can go on and on on the BS that is going on, I can assur you (brownsiute, tiegu) that I am not the problem at all and maybe the both of you need to sit back and look at yourselves in the mirror because the both of you sound exactly what I have to deal with everyday, if you have nothing to say about my post excepth that I am the problem then do not read.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First off my center only has 26 drivers, 4 of the 26 are laid off. we may run 22 runs a day there are no spare drivers both FT sups. are on the rd. and the center manager, and the FT disbatch were the one running the route , on this day the center manager waited an hr for the Disbatch Sup. to come from another center before working the route.

What about the 4 that are on layoff? What would you call them, chopped liver? Was any attempt made to call one of the laid off workers, offer him the guarantee if he were to come in and either ride with the center manager or run the route himself? The hour that the center manager waited would have given one of the lay offs plenty of time to come in and run the area. I will bet my paycheck that this phone call was never made.

This was at a small airport in which the doors were locked because the employee was gasing a plane and watch them DR a pkg, again it's a small airport they could have looked out on the runway and seen the employee.

It would have been nice had you presented this in the OP. Is the airport secure entry? Was the DR location out of sight from the general public? For all you know they may indeed have made eye contact with Gomer and been given permission to leave the pkg by the door, which would explain why no concern was filed. I gotta tell ya, I probably would have done the same, provided I did make eye or verbal contact with Gomer. Now, if time was not an issue, I would have waited for Gomer to finish and completed the delivery properly, but from what I read here I find no fault in what your center manager did.

Now, as far as the laid off drivers, have any of them filed grievances for these sups working? If not, why not? While it was generally accepted here that I am not "Joe Union", this is clearly wrong and needs to be brought to your BAs attention ASAP.

SC, your posts clearly reveal your bitterness toward mgt, deserved or not, and this tends to cause you to lose your objectivity.

tae111

Originally posted by Hoaxter "That's funny ... that's the same thing we (sups and managers) say about people who get "kicked upstairs", especially to the Region and Corporate.
It's funny how, from the outside, UPS is recognized and praised for our strong management and how successful the company has been by promoting all the non-performers. :funny: "

When I was in package I worked with a guy that would steal time like no other. He was constantly finding ways to get over on the company. It was alot easier then since we were on paper. Had he been caught he would have been fired on the spot. He eventually went into managment and retired as a Center Manager.

tieguy

Banned
think Brownsuit makes an excellent point. I find it hard to believe they dr'd a package to a commercial business when they could have simply walked inside?
Well, unless you are claiming that the OP is flat out lying (which you nor Brownsuit neither have the basis to do), it has nothing to do with what you can believe.

I would think the basis would be that chicken is delivering the information as heresay, Has not developed any credibility here and then the application of a little common sense in this situation. Lets see I walk up to a business and decide to dr the package and leave it outside the business when I could simply walk inside and hand it and have it signed for.

I know you're not that stupid trp so I'll assume you're just trying to be difficult.

screamin chicken

First off my center only has 26 drivers, 4 of the 26 are laid off. we may run 22 runs a day there are no spare drivers both FT sups. are on the rd. and the center manager, and the FT disbatch were the one running the route , on this day the center manager waited an hr for the Disbatch Sup. to come from another center before working the route.

What about the 4 that are on layoff? What would you call them, chopped liver? Was any attempt made to call one of the laid off workers, offer him the guarantee if he were to come in and either ride with the center manager or run the route himself? The hour that the center manager waited would have given one of the lay offs plenty of time to come in and run the area. I will bet my paycheck that this phone call was never made.

This was at a small airport in which the doors were locked because the employee was gasing a plane and watch them DR a pkg, again it's a small airport they could have looked out on the runway and seen the employee.

It would have been nice had you presented this in the OP. Is the airport secure entry? Was the DR location out of sight from the general public? For all you know they may indeed have made eye contact with Gomer and been given permission to leave the pkg by the door, which would explain why no concern was filed. I gotta tell ya, I probably would have done the same, provided I did make eye or verbal contact with Gomer. Now, if time was not an issue, I would have waited for Gomer to finish and completed the delivery properly, but from what I read here I find no fault in what your center manager did.

Now, as far as the laid off drivers, have any of them filed grievances for these sups working? If not, why not? While it was generally accepted here that I am not "Joe Union", this is clearly wrong and needs to be brought to your BAs attention ASAP.

SC, your posts clearly reveal your bitterness toward mgt, deserved or not, and this tends to cause you to lose your objectivity.
no calls to any of the laid off, mysely and 2 other drivers where told when we finished we would have to help, that is how they do things here as always, the DR is not out of public, the worker watch the doors were locked, I myself would have clo 1 not DR. I really wish you people could see how they do things, it seems to be impossible but they are crooked.

brownboxman

Wow Tieguy you really hate hourly dont you. Given all the answers you requested you still find no fault with the center manager. I had this happen on my route, I was on vacation and my sup was training someone to cover my route. Well he Dr'd 30 yes 30 outside a truckstop. I got there Monday and it had rained all weekend a pile of mush is what I found. I dont think anything happen to the sup and yes if I had done that "it" would have hit the fan. Managers as yourself are the reason there is a morale problem at UPS, its a double standard because you cant stand the fact we are protected. IMO

Wow Tieguy you really hate hourly dont you. Given all the answers you requested you still find no fault with the center manager. I had this happen on my route, I was on vacation and my sup was training someone to cover my route. Well he Dr'd 30 yes 30 outside a truckstop. I got there Monday and it had rained all weekend a pile of mush is what I found. I dont think anything happen to the sup and yes if I had done that "it" would have hit the fan. Managers as yourself are the reason there is a morale problem at UPS, its a double standard because you cant stand the fact we are protected. IMO

Are you sure the sup didn't get a warning? That is all a driver would have gotten. And lets face it, a warning letter is really nothing.

brownman15

think Brownsuit makes an excellent point. I find it hard to believe they dr'd a package to a commercial business when they could have simply walked inside?
Well, unless you are claiming that the OP is flat out lying (which you nor Brownsuit neither have the basis to do), it has nothing to do with what you can believe.

I would think the basis would be that chicken is delivering the information as heresay, Has not developed any credibility here and then the application of a little common sense in this situation. Lets see I walk up to a business and decide to dr the package and leave it outside the business when I could simply walk inside and hand it and have it signed for.

I know you're not that stupid trp so I'll assume you're just trying to be difficult.

re-read post #29

tieguy

Banned
re-read post #29

that response was to post number 28 had not made it to 29 yet. Screaming chickens information is selective hearsay on top of everything else.

I can only speak for myself.

In a situation where one of my drivers gets locked up and I have to scramble coverage of the route I would expect that I may have service issues regardless of who or whom is covering the route and I would definitely take that into consideration.

In hindsight screamin chicken eventually produces a good reason for the DR which he withheld initially . thus my point on his credibility.

screamin chicken

very very true finally someone that can read between the lines, tieguy is just a puppet on a string waiting for the div. man. to tell him to jump. My outlook of this company is that it provides me with food on the table, and I thank people like tieguy for all the over time and the extra cash. tieguy you could not walk in the shoes of a pkg car driver ***.

Last edited by a moderator:

brownman15

In hindsight screamin chicken eventually produces a good reason for the DR which he withheld initially . thus my point on his credibility.

that is not a good reason to dr UPS methods say to never dr to a business. Had a driver fired for this same reason