center manager go's off on driver in PCM

C

chuchu

[quote="jumpman23, post: 1240913, member: 40276"Punk that son of a bitch down. Thats bs i woulda put a scare in him like he aint never been scared in his life. He woulda seen what a crazy person really looks like lol.[/quote]

Yes, he'll see what a crazy person looks like ....... ten days later at the local hearing and then the next month at the state panel.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
[quote="jumpman23, post: 1240913, member: 40276"Punk that son of a bitch down. Thats bs i woulda put a scare in him like he aint never been scared in his life. He woulda seen what a crazy person really looks like lol.

Yes, he'll see what a crazy person looks like ....... ten days later at the local hearing and then the next month at the state panel.[/quote]
Oh, come on and let him be the Macho Man on here! It doesn't hurt. :grounch_day:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Vote yourselves in a steward (and alternate steward) that's honest.

Our steward had an unreported accident on Thursday. Hit a dog run. Thought he had worked out a deal with the homeowner. Homeowner called the toll free number. Steward will work last 2 days of Peak before discipline, if any, is given.

C

chuchu

Our steward had an unreported accident on Thursday. Hit a dog run. Thought he had worked out a deal with the homeowner. Homeowner called the toll free number. Steward will work last 2 days of Peak before discipline, if any, is given.
We (in our center) don't get charged with an accident for hitting a dog (non-fixed object).

Why would you take a chance of being charged with not reporting even an accident that is not avoidable? It's still not reporting.

DSM515

You have to talk wih the center manager first and sinice he did it in public he should apologize to the driver in the same public setting.

If he won't, file. But you have to give him a chance to fix it first.
That's the plan, but you know he will never do that. I think they take a class on how too treat people like crap. I'm glad my parents can be proud on how they raised me. Treat others how you want to be treated.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We (in our center) don't get charged with an accident for hitting a dog (non-fixed object).

Why would you take a chance of being charged with not reporting even an accident that is not avoidable? It's still not reporting.
If I read Upstates post correctly, the driver hit a dog run cable. Should have been reported.
We recently had a driver returned to service for a nonreported accident because it is peak and needed the extra body. Should set a pretty good precedent for any future nonreports in the future.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Might sound surprising coming from me, but if I were the driver who had the accident and the if center manager was an otherwise decent sort who was simply having a peak-season mental meltdown, I might be inclined to cut him a bit of slack if he were willing to make a brief and sincere public apology at the next PCM. He might wind up being a better manager in the long run if he got to learn something from that teachable moment rather than getting embroiled in a pissing match at a grievance hearing. I think we have all been overwhelmed and made an ass of ourselves in public at some point in our lives; I know I have. Of course, if this behavior was typical for the center manager then some harsh consequences are probably in order.

C

chuchu

Might sound surprising coming from me, but if I were the driver who had the accident and the if center manager was an otherwise decent sort who was simply having a peak-season mental meltdown, I might be inclined to cut him a bit of slack if he were willing to make a brief and sincere public apology at the next PCM. He might wind up being a better manager in the long run if he got to learn something from that teachable moment rather than getting embroiled in a pissing match at a grievance hearing. I think we have all been overwhelmed and made an ass of ourselves in public at some point in our lives; I know I have. Of course, if this behavior was typical for the center manager then some harsh consequences are probably in order.
That's my point too.

We've had both kinds of managers. After dealing with the sups that were predominantly abusive and liars you learn the difference between the motives.

Like I've said before, if it's an isolated issue its different than someone who likes to harass employees on a general basis.

We all makes mistakes. You get what you give. Keep that in mind when you bar b que another person after they make an honest mistake that's not true to their nature.

C

chuchu

That's the plan, but you know he will never do that. I think they take a class on how too treat people like crap. I'm glad my parents can be proud on how they raised me. Treat others how you want to be treated.
I've seen the good employees apologize (management and houly).
The rest go to hearings.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
They tried that :censored2: one time in my center. Never again will a driver be forced to stand in front of the work group and describe ay crash or injury. We don't even allow management to use the employees name when they are talking about it to the work group!!

beavis

From the original poster earlier in this thread it sounds like this particular manager wasn't an otherwise decent sort. Mental meltowns are part of being human but that doesn't mean they shouldn't carry consequences. If he doesn't at least apologize he should be held responsible for his actions or he will inevitably do it again.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sorry but I have a hard time believing a manager, ego-trip and psychopathy and all, is going to apologize for what likely was a very well thought out public shaming. This was no mental slip; in fact I'd say the steward was notified in advance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Go back and re-read my post a bit more carefully. I said dog run, which is usually a cable run between the house and a tree.