center manager Shuffle

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Tis the season for the center manager shuffle. As most of you know every few years they like to shake things up by moving management around. I'm getting a new center manager (I knew before he did) and know of 2 other confirmed moves happening in January in my district. Anyone heard anything for your area yet?

PT Car Washer

I don't even mind coming into work the last few years with our current management team. I used to work for the Center Manager when he was a PT sup on the boxline slide.

By The Book

I certainly hope not, our building has a much better moral now than it has in my tenure here with our current management staff.
You want to keep yours? Ours have been here way too long, but not sure if a change would be better or worse,(grass is greener). I remember that they didn't have a choice back in the day.

By The Book

At some point there is bound to be attrition. Some laterals, some promotions to fill slots. In our district it's been stagnant.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
At some point there is bound to be attrition. Some laterals, some promotions to fill slots. In our district it's been stagnant.
I knew ours was gone after
1) the volume of grievances (many were valid harassment grievances) against hm
2) he was sued
3) NLRB charge against him (we had to testify).

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wow. Was it mostly your center manager or the driver sups.
On-cars are fine. It's the center manager and only the center manager that is the issue. He started to soften a bit as he saw the writing on the wall. He was also forced to personally apologize to me by those above him and wasn't pleased about it. Talk about a half assed apology though.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Were going on our 5th year with ours, know hes probably leaving by spring ive heard. 5 years is a long timw with a center manager. Trying to get my route satellited before he leaves hopefully lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
You can have ours!!! But I'm told that he's not going anywhere. He's under the close watch of the Ops manager in our building.

We had a center manager a few years ago that will never be matched again. He was around for about 4-5 years and the day he announced he was leaving there was many a tear shed. He was the most fair center manager to ever come through. Then they sent him to one of the worst centers in the district. Basically set him up to fail. Came in one day and quit. I've seen him since though and while he says he does sometimes miss UPS, he has never been happier in his life

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The center manager'S are funny and its a strange job for sure. Some are assczzholes and some are superstars and know how to work system and still be cool bout some stuff and what to sweep under the table ya know. Granted you cant trust them as far as you can throw them but I kinda get it, that don't mean im standing up for them, depends on individual really. I got all tore up at the bar 1 night with ours down at the beach and he basically said dude its a game and I have to play it so I know you guys know where im coming from and it is BS for real, a lot of the stuff they throw at me to get on you guys is gay as schiznitt lmfao. Hes a cool dude, like the same age as I am and a lot of the guys there. Ive never really had a big problem with the dude knock on wood, hes been pretty fair with me and on the whole pretty decent dude. Its all a game, just feel bad for the ones that are actually cool dudes that have to play the game really lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The center manager'S are funny and its a strange job for sure. Some are assczzholes and some are superstars and know how to work system and still be cool bout some stuff and what to sweep under the table ya know. Granted you cant trust them as far as you can throw them but I kinda get it, that don't mean im standing up for them, depends on individual really. I got all tore up at the bar 1 night with ours down at the beach and he basically said dude its a game and I have to play it so I know you guys know where im coming from and it is BS for real, a lot of the stuff they throw at me to get on you guys is gay as schiznitt lmfao. Hes a cool dude, like the same age as I am and a lot of the guys there. Ive never really had a big problem with the dude knock on wood, hes been pretty fair with me and on the whole pretty decent dude. Its all a game, just feel bad for the ones that are actually cool dudes that have to play the game really lol.
I had a center manager retire not long ago that was a stand up guy and treated people well. We still had to file some grievances, but he'd usually make them right.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On-cars are fine. It's the center manager and only the center manager that is the issue. He started to soften a bit as he saw the writing on the wall. He was also forced to personally apologize to me by those above him and wasn't pleased about it. Talk about a half assed apology though.
Lol. It's amazing how that attitude changes when they realize their life may be uprooted.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can have ours!!! But I'm told that he's not going anywhere. He's under the close watch of the Ops manager in our building.

We had a center manager a few years ago that will never be matched again. He was around for about 4-5 years and the day he announced he was leaving there was many a tear shed. He was the most fair center manager to ever come through. Then they sent him to one of the worst centers in the district. Basically set him up to fail. Came in one day and quit. I've seen him since though and while he says he does sometimes miss UPS, he has never been happier in his life
Yep we had one that was a great guy had succeeded at 5-6 centers previously. Didn't realize the dumpster fire they were sending him into.

He applied for some job in the safety dept ASAP.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Your not going to always get along with supes, that's granted and some of them really do deserve an asczz whoopin or being called out in front of everybody, but one thing ill never ever do is call them out or scuffle with them in front of anybody. That's just not cool no matter how bad I dislike them or have no respect for them. I see it all the time and im just like yeah he deserves that asczz chewing but just not in front of everybody, just highly disrespectful really. I just wouldn't do that or on a social media platform like this 1 either if somebody was out of line, just don't roll that way lol.