center manager too aggressive

A

anonymous6

Call the Business conduct line (1-800-220-1426) they will file a report that will be mailed to the center! I had to do that on a Union employee the other day!.

what happens when you call this line? do they take personal info? i'm sure they record it.

M

Mike23

Everyone remember the 1980-1990 cop movies with the yelling commissioner? Maybe it's the same deal?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I had a center manager once that liked to yell his conversations. I asked him nicely 3 times to talk to me instead of yelling. He ignored me on all accounts so i turned around and left. then he tried to have my disciplined for ignoring him and walking away. Fortunately I had witnesses to my pleas the first time he tried to "talk" to me. I never heard about it again, but he would talk to me after that rather than his old school yelling.

alexfo7o

what happens when you call this line? do they take personal info? i'm sure they record it.
They record your name, the offending employee's name and you give them a brief description of the issue(s) and then they ask what center, maybe SLIC# and center address. Then they ask what action you would like to see taken.
when I called they did not ask for my SLIC# mine is (8140) or (0659-8140)
what is the SLIC in you center?

M

Mike23

They record your name, the offending employee's name and you give them a brief description of the issue(s) and then they ask what center, maybe SLIC# and center address. Then they ask what action you would like to see taken.
when I called they did not ask for my SLIC# mine is (8140) or (0659-8140)
what is the SLIC in you center?

You can also do it anonymously. The thing is though, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who said what.

alexfo7o

my center manager has such a short fuse. he will yell at drivers when he gets mad. The problem with that is he gets mad to easy. he uses strong arm tactics to run the center. if someone calls in sick he even yells at them. I saw him yelling at the steward the other day. can anything be done to stop the yelling? I don't think he's a bad person, but he needs anger management...bad. I am afraid to report him ( I guess his bully technique works ) and wouldn't know how too. Something needs to change though as all the employees are now miserable under him.
Bro the bottom line is REPORT him to the business help line IF he tires to retaliate he WILL GET FIRED! You will have to report him though for retaliation. If you have more questions PM me on this site and I will give my fellow Teamster my phone number.

rod

Retired 22 years
Grow a pair----- it's UPS -- thats how people communicate. Its just part of the game. I always thought it was fun to try to predict when someone would "blow a gasket." After awhile you will learn just what buttons to push so you and your buddies will have something to talk about over a beer after work.
:devillangel::soapbox::tt2::clubbing:

M

Mike23

Punch'em in the nose and claim self defense because you felt he was going to punch you first.

City Driver

people are to soft

when we were overnite our terminal manager got into a fist fight with a dockworker, neither of them lost there job because basically nobody talked about it after it happened or we knew they would both lose there job

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

people are to soft

when we were overnite our terminal manager got into a fist fight with a dockworker, neither of them lost there job because basically nobody talked about it after it happened or we knew they would both lose there job

City, you are in the major leagues now. Here we pee indoors and managers do not have fist fights with hourlies.

rod

Retired 22 years
City, you are in the major leagues now. Here we pee indoors and managers do not have fist fights with hourlies.

I've seen it happen off the clock between a center manager and a driver It was a knock down drag out at a local saloon. Nothing was ever said about it at work and the two pretty much ignored each other from then on. P.S. The driver won the fight (he said he had a lot of pent up energy to release):wink2: I've also seen the company representative from the Safety Department get into a barroom brawl with a driver at a Safe Driving Dinner. They were knocking over tables and everything. The driver said the safety guy made a pass at his wife. I think that was the last Safe Driving dinner we had that they had an open (free) bar all night long. The cops were called at that one and everyone left (the party was over anyway).