Center Manger

SethA187

We have been without a center manger since the first of the year. My BA says we can not handle any Grievances untill we get a new center manger. Is that true? We have a full time driver sup who is acting center manger. Cant he handle the Grievances? How long does UPS have to get us a new one? Thank you

705red

Browncafe Steward
The contract has timelines set for filing and presenting grievances, but no time limit on resolving grievances. You should ask if this is a labor manager that he can address the grievances with while you have no manager.

Just_another_day_at_work

It can also go up for labor manager. Here my center manager once agreed to pay a grievance then he said his boss didn't aprove it. So now, to save each others time I just give to our BA so it can go straight upstairs to resolve it.

Ibt804Hammer

It can also go up for labor manager. Here my center manager once agreed to pay a grievance then he said his boss didn't aprove it. So now, to save each others time I just give to our BA so it can go straight upstairs to resolve it.

Contractually it has to start at the steward/center manager level. I think you should let the appropriate people take care of it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Contractually it has to start at the steward/center manager level. I think you should let the appropriate people take care of it.

...and that is the question the OP posed---what happens when there is not a center manager in place? Does the on-car who is filling in have the authority to handle grievances or should they be forwarded to the labor manager? I would think that the latter would be the case.

CustomerConcern

We have an assigned center manager but they don't work at our center. All grievances are heard at district level here. Your BA blows, if one manager is missing you go up the chain until it gets resolved.

Ibt804Hammer

Point well taken upstate but he still has a acting steward in place. Once he passes it off to the steward, its out of his hands. If he didn't have a steward I could see passing it off to the ba.

Had enough

We have been without a center manger since the first of the year. My BA says we can not handle any Grievances untill we get a new center manger. Is that true? We have a full time driver sup who is acting center manger. Cant he handle the Grievances? How long does UPS have to get us a new one? Thank you
If you don't mind can I ask where your from? Just courious!!!!

Just_another_day_at_work

Like I said he agreed but cannot pay, for me that means he is not the one that need to hear the money grievances. If labor wants to send it back to center level let it be, it's going up again.