Central Region take 2

Catatonic

Nine Lives
WRONG!!
If you have read and remember my posts, I have always asked why the current FT and 22.3's voted yes, WHEN..
140K people added to the Plan
UPS giving the Union the Biggest Raise ever
Record Profits, and
they can't get the FT and 22.3's the Same UPS plan the PTers are currently on?

I mean Obama said rates would go down.
If I added 140K people to a plan, I think I could get better rates.
Added a HUGE raise of contrubitution money from UPS to the Union for Pension and Health Insurance

WHY NOT a Better Plan for all the current FT People.

I have always been for Higher starting wages as well, and many Other issues.

You are trying to twist my words in saying I should lay down what I have worked for, walked a strike line for...
No, I am trying to get people MORE, how it USE to be, even before UPS record Profits... You know like the Union should be doing.

Selfish is YOU, who isn't trying to get the current Drivers, FT, 22.3's something better, and KEEP what the 140,000 part times currently have...

I'm still not sure you are a real person.

Ouch

I try to explain this to my buddies here. Ups loves it when union members get attitudes with each other, they love confusion. This contract is full of you scratching there back. The raise they are supposedly giving us is not really a raise. There raising deductibles on health care and telling you that your getting a raise. Everyone knows higher deductibles come cheaper premiums. So ups is saving money and telling you that your winning. If you don't like the contract vote NO that is your right. I personally would hold out, make the union work for you that's what your paying them for. They are suppose to work for you!!!!

I try to explain this to my buddies here. Ups loves it when union members get attitudes with each other, they love confusion. This contract is full of you scratching there back. The raise they are supposedly giving us is not really a raise. There raising deductibles on health care and telling you that your getting a raise. Everyone knows higher deductibles come cheaper premiums. So ups is saving money and telling you that your winning. If you don't like the contract vote NO that is your right. I personally would hold out, make the union work for you that's what your paying them for. They are suppose to work for you!!!!
Tell that to fat butt HOFFA AND HALL!

Inthegame

Actually the raise is a raise. Deductibles are paid only when one seeks servive. UPS offered (and the IBT rejected) co-premiums which would be paid weekly whether service was sought or not. Big difference when the demographic is considered as PT's on average utilize HC on a lesser scale the FT's.

subdivide

Yesterday was Founders Day. I wonder what Casey would think about our current situation. He'd probably say "why can't we all just get along". Really? I know how that can be achieved. A fair contract. What does that mean? To me, it means keeping our current benefits as they are and improving other key issues like 9.5 hours, more full time jobs and the other items we asked for back when these negotiations first started. If we don't get these improvements moving forward we will be screwed forever. Stay strong so we can get a better contract the second time around.

InsideUPS

​Yes, an orchestrated one, where as the Company and the IBT are in bed together.

Bubblehead, both you and I think alike in this situation with one small difference; I believe that the IBT lawyers are the individuals in control (in bed). My BA and I talked about the situation extensively in order to explain some of the actions and decisions coming from the Teamster leadership in DC.

Our suspicions that UPS and the Teamsters (and/or their lawyers) have engaged in mutually beneficial subterfuge ("in bed together"), were heightened by what I term "The Teamster HealthCare Ruse of 2013". Intuitive Teamsters did not like the involved "ruse" that was played out with the healthcare issue. The skullduggery by our leadership simply made us more skeptical of our Union. A simple, honest, and direct approach about the entire healthcare issue would have been a much better way to go than an elaborate "theatrical play" starring JH Jr. and Ken H. While the rah rah healthcare cheerleading movement may have been an adrenaline boost for JH Jr. and Ken H as they traveled across the U.S., it was a time to "pause and question" for many of us long time Teamsters.

The dissension amongst the rank and file is a result of "lack of trust" in our leadership. They have done irreparable harm to themselves over the past 8 months. Deceptive communication, no communication, and no or late action on many of the important issues. They relied on "faithful" BA's to "sell" the contract which obviously did not go well with many of the supplements and riders. While most of us here on BC share a common goal of a fair and equitable contract that enables UPS to prosper well into the future, there is clear indication that our current leadership is unable to unify the rank and file in achieving this goal.

island1fox

For me, Im just happy they kicked your spouse off coverage. Now, if they could only kick moreluck and Island off as well I would be estatic.

Peace

TOS

TOS,

I do not hope and wish for bad Change to happen to people --that has already happened to most with Obama.

But in your case--I am sorry to admit that it would be amusing to see --as I continue to ride my "Cadillac" health insurance --you will wind up in Obama's go-cart insurance --still wearing your Cheerleading uniform and still waving your pom-poms.:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,

I do not hope and wish for bad Change to happen to people --that has already happened to most with Obama.

But in your case--I am sorry to admit that it would be amusing to see --as I continue to ride my "Cadillac" health insurance --you will wind up in Obama's go-cart insurance --still wearing your Cheerleading uniform and still waving your pom-poms.:happy-very:

Let me respond by repeating that I would be overjoyed if UPS kicked you relics off the roles and let you flounder in the abyss of no healthcare at your prime grey haired age.

The drag on the company bottom line is tremendous. Think of the savings if Scott Davis would just order your removal. By the way, my plan has just been re implemented while the wives and husbands of non union UPSers get kicked to the curb.

Smells like, victory.

Peace

TOS

island1fox

A very small victory for a very small person in a very huge war !!

The war on the middle class working person ---to provide everything to people who would never deliver a package or unload a feeder --Obama --will continue to "redistribute" the working mans hard earned wealth --but will never spread his excellent work ethic.:wink2:

Very sad that too many people drink the kool aid and do not see these things that are presently here --never mind those that are coming up the road. If you cannot stay tuned --at least stay focused.

Blame UPS, the International, Hoffa , Hall --all you like -if it makes you feel good ----bottom line the redistribution policies of the Dems ---with Hillary ready to continue the onslaught ---will eventually wipe out the middle class --the Limosine liberals and the champayne drinking Rinos --will get richer ----the government will control the "welfare benefits" of the rest.

Downgrades --Hold on --you have no clue !!!:sick: The unions --too late- have started to see this --during negotiations --got an eye opening education !!
In many States --the non workers greatly outnumber the workers --but want the same "Benefits" as you --Sure that will work out --??