Central States Pension Cut to be Announced Next Week!!!!!!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The clause UPS agreed to that IBT wanted in 2008 has UPS making up the difference for vested credit for retirees in Central States if (and when) it goes under.

They can't do anything about it now, but this will absolutely be a point of contention in 2018 and it will be used to try and extract concessions from us as they did with healthcare in 2012.

I agree.

UPS will use that as leverage for other concessions.

But it may not come to that.

UPS received their "carve-out" in the Kline-Miller Ammendment.

If and when the pensions are cut, UPS retirees are supposed to be last in line to receive cuts.

And many pension experts believe UPS retirees will see little, if any cuts at all, due to the carve-out.

Evil

So it's not the trustee issue? It's Hoffa's fault?

The IBT has major oversight of this. I thought that a Hoffa loyalist like you would know about this pension crisis affecting 200,000 active another 200,000 retirees. These are our brothers and sisters and Hoffa abandoned them. He thought that he could forget about them till after the November election next year.

It turns out the fund is about to be dissolved if the cuts don't come before the end of the year. 200,000 enraged teamsters that are no longer gonna be able to retire as planned because their benefits are gonna be trimmed will turn out to vote and guess what?! They are blaming Hoffa for it...not the trustees!

The IBT has major oversight of this. I thought that a Hoffa loyalist like you would know about this pension crisis affecting 200,000 active another 200,000 retirees. These are our brothers and sisters and Hoffa abandoned them. He thought that he could forget about them till after the November election next year.

It turns out the fund is about to be dissolved if the cuts don't come before the end of the year. 200,000 enraged teamsters that are no longer gonna be able to retire as planned because their benefits are gonna be trimmed will turn out to vote and guess what?! They are blaming Hoffa for it...not the trustees!
Good! (Not for the people in the plan)
Vote that POS out!

oldngray

nowhere special
I see haven't seen anything to support the OP's statement. Just his claim which seems to lack any facts to back it up. This is just turning into another one of those union threads with each side bashing each other and no useful information.

Spongebob1

I see haven't seen anything to support the OP's statement. Just his claim which seems to lack any facts to back it up. This is just turning into another one of those union threads with each side bashing each other and no useful information.

The OP's statement said next week they will make a statement,...... we all know the pension fund is in trouble,...... just waiting to here how bad,

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Is your concern the retired brothers and sisters or is it an attempt at mudslinging hoffa with speculation

Evil

The OP's statement said next week they will make a statement,...... we all know the pension fund is in trouble,...... just waiting to here how bad,

My concern is the brothers and sisters that are retired and were planning to retire. You can bet that Hoffa will lose the Central States by a landslide.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Well this is an issue years in the making way beyond Hoffa. I know you won't admit that. But once again, is it James P. Hoffa is to blame for this crisis?

5habits100

You are way off base with you numbers. The fund will no be resolved. The changes won't take place this year. It was not legal to make the proposed changes until the law changed last year.

It is amazing the lack of facts.

5habits100

I wonder how many will actually vote.
30% if that. Out of that percentage most realize that the pension fund issues were not Hoffa's fault. People on this site have a goal of blaming Hoffa for everything. They don't want to acknowledge the trustees have been trying to make changes for years in attempt to rescue the fund.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The multiemployer pension reform act of 2014 (cromnibus bill) allows unions to cut up to 60% of pension payouts. If funds are in critical status. Obama passed it in an over night vote by the Senate.
Teamster magazine was happy about the bill.