Central States Pension Cut to be Announced Next Week!!!!!!

Why do informative posts that will affect members and discredit Hoffa are always ruined by Old Guard apologists? If you can't post anything factual about the Central States Pension crisis why don't you guys just stay out of this thread?

This thread is about the Central States pension crisis...let's talk about that.

And you better bet these members will not be voting for Hoffa!
Because the information he posted was wrong goofball.

mike1646

Time for 2 new presidents, we need to go in a different direction. If they don't take care of the retirees, how can we expect them to take care of us when we get there?
We can't keep voting the same people in.
Just remember that one day we will be the retirees.

5habits100

Time for 2 new presidents, we need to go in a different direction. If they don't take care of the retirees, how can we expect them to take care of us when we get there?
We can't keep voting the same people in.
Just remember that one day we will be the retirees.
What

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That's because they don't have to payout. They can fall back on this bill. But, none of the congressmen have to worry about their pensions being touched. Another shot to the middles class
So you think any politician cares about the middle class? We all vote and argue about candidates like they actually care about Joe middle class. You think Obama is against middle class? Vote in Scott Walker.

image.jpg
I'd punch Scott Walker in the face every time I seen him.

andrsnbkj

Isn't that a kick in the groin after working all these years for a company with no
Such life and yo retire just to have your pension striped away just like that

Isn't that a kick in the groin after working all these years for a company with no
We have known the pension was in trouble for over 20 years. Just kicked the can down the road and let future pensioners worry about it. well the future is now.

Wilson

Pensions are a Ponzi scheme.

All economics are a ponzi scheme not just pensions. The stock market is a ponzi scheme built on the "greater fool" model. Debt based money and debt based economics are effectively a ponzi scheme with only the veneer of monetary control to disguise it. All economics system collapses when the run out of greater fools to "buy in."

rod

Retired 22 years

To add insult to injury when we retired we weren't allowed to take but just a few jobs that were "allowed" by the union (not that I wanted a job anyway but it was just another slap in the face). If you thought about taking a part time job (or any job for that matter) you had to clear it with the union first. I know guys who had to turn down great part time retirement jobs because they didn't want to risk losing their pension. First they won't allow you to supplement your income and then they cut your pension almost in half. Who says life is fair? There are a lot of older retirees who are going to be hurting or will have to drastically change their life style when these cuts come. Thankfully I should be ok (not that I won't miss over a grand a month missing from the old pension check). I told the wife she will have to get a job again----------------------------------------she laughed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To add insult to injury when we retired we weren't allowed to take but just a few jobs that were "allowed" by the union (not that I wanted a job anyway but it was just another slap in the face). If you thought about taking a part time job (or any job for that matter) you had to clear it with the union first. I know guys who had to turn down great part time retirement jobs because they didn't want to risk losing their pension. First they won't allow you to supplement your income and then they cut your pension almost in half. Who says life is fair? There are a lot of older retirees who are going to be hurting or will have to drastically change their life style when these cuts come. Thankfully I should be ok (not that I won't miss over a grand a month missing from the old pension check). I told the wife she will have to get a job again----------------------------------------she laughed.

Our pension fund still has restrictions on post-retirement employment.