Central States Pension Cuts Meeting set for October 2nd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pension increased this year and is set to get another bump January 1st. Hoffa and Hall have my vote!
I make 34.49 an hour with about 40 grand in additional benefits. They will get a lot of votes like that. Ts can't win it with Louisville and a couple Pennsylvania locals. My boys in California say ts and suck have zero clout or credibility out there.

5habits100

The cuts are coming to the Central States and we should have a better idea of how much after the meeting. The carhaulers deal is more than likely to go down. The members still have no idea what was negotiated. If it was so good the IBT would have been disclosed it and bragged about the deal.

The trustees of the Central States Pension Fund are Hoffa appointed. They all failed to address the problem years ago.
Everyone knows the cuts are coming to Central States and many other multi employer funds.
How can anyone with any intelligence say it will more than likely go down without knowing what was negotiated? Is it because no matter what is in the agreement TDU Tim will say it's bad and tell members to vote against it because he can do better? I think that is the case.
I could be wrong but I think the union trustee's of the plan are voted on by the principal officer's.
Hopefully this is the last time I have to write this (but I doubt it). They couldn't do what they are doing because the law didn't allow it prior to this.
TDU's answer is don't touch the pension with no resolution on how to fix the problem.
Nyhan testified with regards to the Central States Pension Fund before the House Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions attempting to fix the fund.

BrownBrokeDown

Everyone knows the cuts are coming to Central States and many other multi employer funds.
How can anyone with any intelligence say it will more than likely go down without knowing what was negotiated? Is it because no matter what is in the agreement TDU Tim will say it's bad and tell members to vote against it because he can do better? I think that is the case.
I could be wrong but I think the union trustee's of the plan are voted on by the principal officer's.
Hopefully this is the last time I have to write this (but I doubt it). They couldn't do what they are doing because the law didn't allow it prior to this.
TDU's answer is don't touch the pension with no resolution on how to fix the problem.
Nyhan testified with regards to the Central States Pension Fund before the House Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions attempting to fix the fund.
Yeah I don't get this either. Hoffa and/or CS pension people do NOT have an option with this. It's either get a plan in place to (hopefully) temporarily cut benefits, or let the government force cuts. And trust me, noone wants the government controlling the cuts because the people in office that will control the cuts don't give a rat's :censored2: about how they affect retirees.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yeah I don't get this either. Hoffa and/or CS pension people do NOT have an option with this. It's either get a plan in place to (hopefully) temporarily cut benefits, or let the government force cuts. And trust me, noone wants the government controlling the cuts because the people in office that will control the cuts don't give a rat's :censored2: about how they affect retirees.
Why did it take so long for the union to get behind these cuts?
Had cuts been made over the last 17 years, and UPS (the biggest contributor to Central States) not been permitted to withdraw, perhaps the damage would be far less?
I don't agree, there have been overlooked options for years and the powers that be do not get a pass with me.

BrownBrokeDown

Had cuts been made over the last 17 years, and UPS (the biggest contributor to Central States) not been permitted to withdraw, perhaps the damage would be far less?
I don't agree, there have been overlooked options for years and the powers that be do not get a pass with me.
I am not saying give them a pass for letting UPS pull out or for the years prior to the Federal law that was passed. What I am saying is they have no control over this cut right now. Either they cut it or the government will. They do not have a 3rd option right now. Its one or the other. Hoffa and the pension board have no other option.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
None of this got fixed because that woud have involved a sacrifice. Same reason Social Security won't get fixed.

5habits100

The
cuts
couldn't
be
made
until
the
law
changed
last
year

They tried to get it changed and the legislation didn't go through. Nyhan testified.

Casey-Pomeroy Bill proposed in 2010 was proposed to Bail Out PBGC, Union Pensions it didn't go anywhere because people don't want their money to bail out union's. No different than the one now. They want to close tax loopholes on the rich to fix multi employer pension funds. It isn't going to happen, they have one option right now or the funds are done. This isn't just Central States or Teamster Plans, there are hundreds of funds that are in worse trouble that Central States. They are just getting the attention because they are the largest.

UPS paid the withdrawal liability and then some to get out. The contract was ratified by the membership.

I think the people on the FUND'S and other have bigger issues than to worry about if you give them a pass or not.

5habits100

What do you think about the Teamsters participating in the pension meeting in Hawaii in November?
I think they have to meet somewhere. I don't care where it is.

If it were in NY the people in California and Hawaii would say why can't they do it here.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
FB_IMG_1442734481038_zpsjzommvb0.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
UPS paid the withdrawal liability and then some to get out. The contract was ratified by the membership.
The UPS Membership ratified it at the expense of the rest of the Teamster membership and Hoffa and Hall should have never let it happen.

5habits100

The UPS Membership ratified it at the expense of the rest of the Teamster membership and Hoffa and Hall should have never let it happen.

Easy for you to say today.

And let me guess

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

You didn't vote for it.

Funny one.

5habits100

...and what a slap in the face to all the retirees about to loose their benefits.
Hawaii, really???

They were probably scared to meet on the mainland?
They are not scared of you just like you aren't scared of them.
As I said before, the people on the west coast could say the same if the meeting were on the East coast. You have to find something better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh well.

...and what a slap in the face to all the retirees about to loose their benefits.
Hawaii, really???

They were probably scared to meet on the mainland?

I was hoping you were going to post the registration form as I was curious as to how much it would cost and who would be picking up the tab.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
As I said before, the people on the west coast could say the same if the meeting were on the East coast. You have to find something better.
Keep talking yourself into a corner.
It's not inexpensive for any region to travel and stay in Hawaii.
This is just another "business trip", filled with half days of meetings, golf courses, and helicopter tours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.