Central States Pension Fund cuts

Inthegame

Yes, but the UPS/IBT pension is 104% funded.

This means that the pensions are basically paid for.

Unless UPS dips into the pension money, it does not bother Wall St at all.

Tell that to the analysts ... They know better than to believe that.
The "analysts" as Mug correctly pointed out, have rated UPS a "buy", and that's with the onerous obligations so feared by the other "analysts" involved in the secret meetings Photog is so protective of.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The "analysts" as Mug correctly pointed out, have rated UPS a "buy", and that's with the onerous obligations so feared by the other "analysts" involved in the secret meetings Photog is so protective of.
They are not secret ... I have "Insider Information" and I am unsure about what to disclose here.
I don't think UPS was told anything that any other publicly traded corporation gets.
UPS BOD and Management Committee are obligated to maximize shareholder value.
Not having pension obligations would increase shareholder value.
$10 billion in unexpected pension funding in the last 10 years is not a good sign for UPS stock.
UPS being on the S&P 500 helps buoy stock price.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The "union" has been running my healthcare plan for over 50 years. It continues to get better.
Then obviously you aren't in TeamCare and weren't in its predecessor, the Central States C6 plan?
If you were, there would be no way you could make that claim.

Inthegame

Then obviously you aren't in TeamCare and weren't in its predecessor, the Central States C6 plan?
If you were, there would be no way you could make that claim.
You are correct but...the TeamCare plan is superior to the predecessor CS C6 plan so union H&W can and has improved. The sky is still above us...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are correct but...the TeamCare plan is superior to the predecessor CS C6 plan so union H&W can and has improved. The sky is still above us...
It's improved, for now, thanks to the Vote No movement.
The sky will begin to fall in 2017, when the annual deductible begins.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They are not secret ... I have "Insider Information" and I am unsure about what to disclose here.
I don't think UPS was told anything that any other publicly traded corporation gets.
UPS BOD and Management Committee are obligated to maximize shareholder value.
Not having pension obligations would increase shareholder value.
$10 billion in unexpected pension funding in the last 10 years is not a good sign for UPS stock.
UPS being on the S&P 500 helps buoy stock price.

$10 billion in unexpected pension funding in the last 10 years

Did you just make up this number?

$6.1B to the CSPF is the only unexpected.

The other $4B is not unexpected. As a matter of fact, it is less than what UPS would have paid to CSPF over the life of the affected employees.

While the $6.1B was unexpected, that payment will save UPS 5 fold over the next 50 years.

If UPS got rid of the union pensions, would their stock price go up? Maybe.

If UPS got rid of all their dead weight, good for nothing, number cheating, dishonest, disrespected managers, their stock price would sky rocket.

And no, not everyone is like this. But there are far too many.