Central States Pension Fund cuts

10 point

Laziness.
Not everyone understands the full picture.
It may be hard to hold the tongue here (in the realm of sarcasm) but your leadership abilities could be used in a constructive way instead of taking the easy shot.
Intelligence is diminished without patience for those trying to learn.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't blame ups for getting out of central states. No reason for ups to be putting money into a pension when no one else was and other companies were going bankrupt. However not sure how the people who claim to be at ups could vote for a contract that was going to sell their former co workers/friends or whatever down the road. Being at ups since 2002 and part time I have voted no on the last two contracts. Feel are union could do a lot better.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They are not secret ... I have "Insider Information" and I am unsure about what to disclose here.
I don't think UPS was told anything that any other publicly traded corporation gets.
UPS BOD and Management Committee are obligated to maximize shareholder value.
Not having pension obligations would increase shareholder value.
$10 billion in unexpected pension funding in the last 10 years is not a good sign for UPS stock.
UPS being on the S&P 500 helps buoy stock price.

And that is the problem with you and your corporate whores. You would sacrifice your employees for your stock holders.

Companies are in business to make money and to answer to stock holders. There would not be a company without us. Jim Casey knew it and you guys keep forgetting it.

There is a trade off between taking care of your employees and stockholders.

You would have UPS dump our pensions and screw the employees just to increase stock prices. The basic definition of a whore.

Trust me, $4B in profit, a pension for employees, and a stock price of $110 is a damn good combination.

Don't you ever forget that, even though you don't matter anymore.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And that is the problem with you and your corporate whores. You would sacrifice your employees for your stock holders.

Companies are in business to make money and to answer to stock holders. There would not be a company without us. Jim Casey knew it and you guys keep forgetting it.

There is a trade off between taking care of your employees and stockholders.

You would have UPS dump our pensions and screw the employees just to increase stock prices. The basic definition of a whore.

Trust me, $4B in profit, a pension for employees, and a stock price of $110 is a damn good combination.

Don't you ever forget that, even though you don't matter anymore.
I never did

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Did you just make up this number?

$6.1B to the CSPF is the only unexpected.

The other $4B is not unexpected. As a matter of fact, it is less than what UPS would have paid to CSPF over the life of the affected employees.

While the $6.1B was unexpected, that payment will save UPS 5 fold over the next 50 years.

If UPS got rid of the union pensions, would their stock price go up? Maybe.

If UPS got rid of all their dead weight, good for nothing, number cheating, dishonest, disrespected managers, their stock price would sky rocket.

And no, not everyone is like this. But there are far too many.
Self centered a bit?
There are other employee groups that are nonunion.
UPS did not do as badly as the Teamsters investment wise during the 2008 depression, but another $4B for them.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Self centered a bit?
There are other employee groups that are nonunion.
UPS did not do as badly as the Teamsters investment wise during the 2008 depression, but another $4B for them.

Copy the $4B for the other funds.

Not self centered, just a lowly feeder/package driver with a BSE in Electrical Engineering and a Minor in Computer Engineering, with maybe a little knowledge of how things work.

But apparently, I do not know everything, as you pointed out.

I can admit when I am wrong, at least on that $10B number you quoted.

Because my pension is going to be cut in half, duh.
I feel bad for you. You should start your own campaign to get your brothers and sister to give up that 50cent.

What I'm getting from a lot of people is the I wonder how many of the ups teamsters that voted yes in 1982 to cut the wages of the part timers are now getting something cut now.

Most people say they voted no on that contract but we know how that goes. Everyone is going to say they voted no after the fact that hen that question is presented to them.

Sportello

You a smart dude.

I am sure that you have many other investments like a 401k plan and UPS stock, not to mention Social Security.

You'll be fine.
True. My monthly dividends are more than my existing pension, but many other retirees I know are being hit very hard.

Sportello

What I'm getting from a lot of people is the I wonder how many of the ups teamsters that voted yes in 1982 to cut the wages of the part timers are now getting something cut now.
You are getting that from a lot of people? Doubtful. I did vote no in 1982. If you are a part timer after 30+ years, you have enough problems. Good luck to you.