Central States Pension Reduction Plan Letter announces Cuts - October 2015

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thats just the salaries, how about seeing there operating expenses .
How many of these people will be going to Hawaii next month?
FB_IMG_1442734481038_zpsjzommvb0.jpg

Inthegame

An $8.3 million a year drop in the bucket.
Comparatively speaking, $8.3 million is a drop in a big friend'n barrel with a huge hole in it. The CSPF is losing close to a billion a year. They missed their assumption target by .7 pct last year and came up $900,000,000 short. I know you know numbers but some other crazybrains are a little light so for their sake cutting salaries to $0 still leaves CSPF $891,700,000 short. How long you figure they'd survive with that brainstorm of a cost cutting measure?
BTW, every year of losses their depleted assets earn less. Maybe someone in Hawaii can help fix this?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Comparatively speaking, $8.3 million is a drop in a big friend'n barrel with a huge hole in it. The CSPF is losing close to a billion a year. They missed their assumption target by .7 pct last year and came up $900,000,000 short. I know you know numbers but some other crazybrains are a little light so for their sake cutting salaries to $0 still leaves CSPF $891,700,000 short. How long you figure they'd survive with that brainstorm of a cost cutting measure?
BTW, every year of losses their depleted assets earn less. Maybe someone in Hawaii can help fix this?
It's for sure too late to fix this in any one calendar year, but doesn't this illustrate the cavalier and neglectful approach that has been taken over the past decades?
Should we give them a raise, since it's just a drop in the "barrel with a huge hole in it"?
In light of current events, aloha is something no Central States or Teamster official should hear in the line of duty, period.

Last edited:

Inthegame

It's for sure too late to fix this in any one calendar year, but doesn't this illustrate the cavalier and neglectful approach that has been taken over the past decades?
Of course it does, but the administators of the trust funds aren't the guilty parties here. Is Tom Nyhan an organizer? Is he resposible for participation declines? Does he negotiate terms of any CBA, increasing benefit payouts? Did any current administrator on your salary list advocate for service pensions for all Teamsters in '97? No, no, no and no, yet these guys are taking the hits for past leadership missteps.
Should we give them a raise, since it's just a drop in the "barrel with a huge hole in it"?
As the CSPF participation level shrinks, logic would dictate many of these positions will be combined so administration costs will decline. If this group can save this failing fund, the trustees will decide their salaries.
In light of current events, aloha is something no Central States or Teamster official should hear in the line of duty, period.
Right because the last thing the CSPF needs is educated Trustees and administrators.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
And $5 million saved with $995,000,000 lost fixes the plan. You shouldn't be allowed out alone.
This has gone on for how long under H?

17 years?

17 years times $5 million a year saved in pork to fat lazy union officers equals almos 10% of the shortfall.

Maybe you backing H in the next election, again, will help the situation?

He seems to have a solution....er......plan......something that will help CS pensioners out.

Not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What a :censored2:ing joke. That garbage has to stop. A meeting in Hawaii? You can't get much further away than that. What's wrong with St Louis? Wait....that would make sense. It's a job, not a damn party.

If you read the letter a bit more closely, you will find that the meeting is for those who will be in Hawaii during that time frame, which tells me that the IBT is not footing the bill for their airfare or expenses.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you read the letter a bit more closely, you will find that the meeting is for those who will be in Hawaii during that time frame, which tells me that the IBT is not footing the bill for their airfare or expenses.
They rarely do, when local officials travel.
That bill is typically footed by the Local and subject to approval by the primary officers or eboard.

Inthegame

They rarely do, when local officials travel.
That bill is typically footed by the Local and subject to approval by the primary officers or eboard.
If the invitees to the breakfast are trustees of benefit funds (which is the purpose of the conference) their respective funds pay the expenses.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If the invitees to the breakfast are trustees of benefit funds (which is the purpose of the conference) their respective funds pay the expenses.
Where does that money come from and how can anybody justify this "educational conference" being held in Hawaii, even if it is "only every four years" for this venue?
Can we assume every Teamster Local was invited?

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Where does that money come from and how can anybody justify this "educational conference" being held in Hawaii, even if it is "only" every four year for this venue?
Can we assume every Teamster Local was invited?
The letter said that every trustee of a health and welfare plan, pension plan, or union officer is invited.