Central States Pension Reduction Plan Letter announces Cuts - October 2015

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So at age 59, I will have 35 years fulltime credit, and I still will have to work until 65? UPS is going to love having a ton of 65 year olds driving routes. LOL
Probably not that much different that most drivers who have driven for 15 years or more.
It is a mind-numbing job that wears the body down.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I did.

But I have other plans with my 401k than to buy an annuity.

Dividends!!!!!
Much better idea!
At least in my mind since this is what I did.

It's a tried and true approach to retirement investments.
One still has to look at the long-term viability of each company at least anually.

Wizzy

My husband is 62 and we had planned on 3 years going out and this happens. We retire one year after the new contract so do you go out before or do you hang on and get possible screwed even more?
Retire and enjoy it while you can. Going next summer and will worry about what they want to take away when it happens!

browndels

So, CSPF was a multi-employer fund, correct. As UPS is the pension holder now, how does that affect the other retirement plans under the previous contract and now.
Also, if I am correct, CS west and East are not in the financial pinch that central is. Can't we just fire central and be absorbed either east or west. . . lol

Hofficer Hater

Where are all the Junior supporters? If anyone has seen the Restore the IBT facebook page he is getting blasted.

Junior is gonna get killed by his largest constituency: freight, carhaulers and grocery. The Central States are gonna send his worthless tail to retirement.

Let's see how many central states members join Junior's cheerleading squad next summer in Las Vegas?

Where are all the Junior supporters? If anyone has seen the Restore the IBT facebook page he is getting blasted.

Junior is gonna get killed by his largest constituency: freight, carhaulers and grocery. The Central States are gonna send his worthless tail to retirement.

Let's see how many central states members join Junior's cheerleading squad next summer in Las Vegas?
I'll be there with a bunch of others. I'm betting we outnumber you 8 to 1 or greater. You will be hiding behind security no doubt.

Warning letter

So, Teamsters have pissed away all of our money, mostly on crooked Democratic politicians, and I'm to call my Senator and Representative and the White House to see what's the matter!!!! Smart UPS mens, real smart

Hofficer Hater

I'll be there with a bunch of others. I'm betting we outnumber you 8 to 1 or greater. You will be hiding behind security no doubt.
You guys had 82% of delegates in 2011. Teamsters United will exceed the 18% of anti Hoffa delegates from the last convention.

If you think that the 65,000 active members of the Central States are gonna vote for Hoffa you are delusional! He is gonna get destroyed by those members.

Expect a higher voter turnout from the Central States.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

I'll be there in full red vest. Where will you be Samantha?

WhatsUP

UPS needs to work out a plan to take care of the UPS
Employees they left in the old plan. Most are taking a %50 cut in monthly benefits.

I'm sure they could work out a deal in Congress that would give UPS a big tax break for this?

It's not right to have worked for one of the wealthiest corporation and take this kind of pension cut.