Central States Pension Reduction Plan Letter announces Cuts - October 2015

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Congress only bails out government employees. No chance of UPS employees getting a dime from the government.
...nor should they...
I haven't heard anybody purpose that the government "bail out" any UPS employee?
The purposed bail outs have been for retirees, on fixed incomes who spent their entire working life earning the money's they receive in their senior years.
I find the notion deplorable that these stand up citizens are going to be left dangling in the wind, when they should be enjoying the fruits of their sacrifices and labors of their working years.

oldngray

nowhere special
I haven't heard anybody purpose that the government "bail out" any UPS employee?
The purposed bail outs have been for retirees, on fixed incomes who spent their entire working life earning the money's they receive in their senior years.
I find the notion deplorable that these stand up citizens are going to be left dangling in the wind, when they should be enjoying the fruits of their sacrifices and labors of their working years.

I absolutely agree that pre 2008 retirees are getting royally screwed but it is not up to the government to fix things. The government has no money of its own so any hand outs are just another redistribution of wealth. From one pocket into another.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I absolutely agree that pre 2008 retirees are getting royally screwed but it is not up to the government to fix things. The government has no money of its own so any hand outs are just another redistribution of wealth. From one pocket into another.
The government needs to reavauate it's priorities.
Perhaps they could take a few years off of sending aid to foreign countries and make due with the military aircraft we presently have until our house is in order?
If they can't properly police this country, they should stop trying to police the world.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
What was my main concern was the years I worked before 2008 when it was all Central States. I was afraid UPS might only protect the later years after they took over the pension plan, but UPS did agree to cover any shortages (2008 and later). I was worried about Central States doing to me what it is doing to other people.

I feel really bad about the retirees from orphan plans but that is a Central States issue and not UPS. I do strongly feel though that people who worked their entire career at UPS but retired before 2008 should also be protected. They aren't because they didn't pay anything into the new plan. That was negotiated and I blame the Teamsters for allowing it into the contract.

The government needs to reavauate it's priorities.
Perhaps they could take a few years off of sending aid to foreign countries and make due with the military aircraft we presently have until our house is in order?
If they can't properly police this country, they should stop trying to police the world.
The government is controlled by rich ass GOP. They need to be voted out.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Here comes the 5 members of the UPS union issues forum with 10 thousand posts each .Problem solved

crazyeyes

Can someone tell me if it is right that Thomas N is the Director of both the Central States Pension fund and of Teamcare?

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What was my main concern was the years I worked before 2008 when it was all Central States. I was afraid UPS might only protect the later years after they took over the pension plan, but UPS did agree to cover any shortages (2008 and later). I was worried about Central States doing to me what it is doing to other people.

I feel really bad about the retirees from orphan plans but that is a Central States issue and not UPS. I do strongly feel though that people who worked their entire career at UPS but retired before 2008 should also be protected. They aren't because they didn't pay anything into the new plan. That was negotiated and I blame the Teamsters for allowing it into the contract.

Kind of scratching my head, on what you are trying to say.

Just curious.

Can someone tell me if it is right that Thomas N is the Director of both the Central States Pension fund and of Teamcare?

Google is your friend.

http://www.americanbar.org/content/...-midwinter-meeting/bio/nyhan.authcheckdam.pdf

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/thomas-nyhan/37/362/b16

So he can collect 2 paychecks, while doing a "half" ass job at both.

Last I checked....

Lawyers don't work for free.

If you find one, let me know.

It's the Teamster way.

I was going to take a shot at your Local....

But, you guys have enough to deal with. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg
And the award of the pissing contest goes to..............