Central States UPS Retirement Plan

Does anyone know if the Central States supplement contains language that UPS will guarantee and pay the Central States portion of our pensions when Central States goes under or reduces our pensions to survive? The current language is weak and needs to be a life time guarentee and iron clad.

You can keep the 2.5% raise, you can put me in any health plan you want, you can harass me and give me 12 hour days but do not do away with the pension guarantee, that is a biggie.

downtime8763

I don't have anything from Central State the I can remember however the thing that convinced me to go in Feb 2011 was that the UPS retirement will pay my retirement fully up to my 65birthday and Central Stats was to kick in and pay a larger portion (don't have amount in front of me) and UPS would make up any difference if CS was unable to. Now I feel this could change under ANY other contract.My insurance has went up about 100 per-mo for my wife and I and our healthcare provide said that is only the start of it with the gov program that is now in effect.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Only if people reply to every one.
After opening (not reading) 50 NEW posts to make them go away as NEW........it gets old. We have a search function. New posters Try searching "part timers"....I lost count after 20!! One thread entitled 'part timers can hold every comment about part timers.

The UPS pension guarantee is the most important contract issue for me. If it's not guaranteed in the new contract I will retire under the current contract.

After opening (not reading) 50 NEW posts to make them go away as NEW........it gets old. We have a search function. New posters Try searching "part timers"....I lost count after 20!! One thread entitled 'part timers can hold every comment about part timers.
moreluck,
First you complain about a new thread. Then your second post complains about too many posts! How can "searching part timers" get me info on the pension guarantee?

moreluck

golden ticket member
The UPS pension guarantee is the most important contract issue for me. If it's not guaranteed in the new contract I will retire under the current contract.

moreluck,
First you complain about a new thread. Then your second post complains about too many posts! How can "searching part timers" get me info on the pension guarantee?
Searching "part timers" will get you the thread titled 'Part timers". Then you ask the question you want to ask on that thread......you don't need to start a new thread.

Searching "part timers" will get you the thread titled 'Part timers". Then you ask the question you want to ask on that thread......you don't need to start a new thread.

Way off topic. Has nothing to do with the UPS guarantee.

So part timers should keep ALL posts to a single thread and leave the rest of the forum for full timers? Wow!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Like returning your library books to any shelf you want.........no order, but you are not understanding the concept . Do whatever you want and post your union issues in comic relief if you want.

InsideUPS

Does anyone know if the Central States supplement contains language that UPS will guarantee and pay the Central States portion of our pensions when Central States goes under or reduces our pensions to survive? The current language is weak and needs to be a life time guarentee and iron clad.

You can keep the 2.5% raise, you can put me in any health plan you want, you can harass me and give me 12 hour days but do not do away with the pension guarantee, that is a biggie.

Dave....personally....I would not worry about your CS pension. I believe it will be there for UPS Teamsters...now and through the future. Other Teamsters in the CS fund may not be as fortunate. The future draw on the CS fund by UPS Teamsters will actually be less as many current part-time employees with 10-15+ years get the opportunity to go driving. The portion of the CS fund they receive will be far less considering their total working years of 30-35 years. For example.... a part-timer with 15 years PT & 15 years FT = 30 year partial service pension. They will only be drawing 15 years worth of CS pension (currently $100/year) or $1500 per month.....compared to many of the older full time employees that had a full 30-35 years of full time pension (or $3000-$3500 per month)..... Others may have different thoughts and ideas...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dave....personally....I would not worry about your CS pension. I believe it will be there for UPS Teamsters...now and through the future. Other Teamsters in the CS fund may not be as fortunate. The future draw on the CS fund by UPS Teamsters will actually be less as many current part-time employees with 10-15+ years get the opportunity to go driving. The portion of the CS fund they receive will be far less considering their total working years of 30-35 years. For example.... a part-timer with 15 years PT & 15 years FT = 30 year partial service pension. They will only be drawing 15 years worth of CS pension (currently $100/year) or $1500 per month.....compared to many of the older full time employees that had a full 30-35 years of full time pension (or $3000-$3500 per month)..... Others may have different thoughts and ideas...

I knew it ... part-timers screwed again!

InsideUPS

Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.jpg

I knew it ... part-timers screwed again!
Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.jpg