Central States????

maddog1971

Has anyone had any issues with them? They have dropped my partner from my insurance policy. We have appealed but still no answer, wondering if anyone has had any luck with an appeal..Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Has anyone had any issues with them? They have dropped my partner from my insurance policy. We have appealed but still no answer, wondering if anyone has had any luck with an appeal..Thanks

What is the policy in your state on same sex benefits? I would think that this would have precedence over that of Central States.

maddog1971

I live in Texas and Tx does not recognise us, but we followed the UPS guidlines from when I was part time. We went to Vermont and got "married" and everything has been fine for 4 years now she just had a baby in June and they say oops sorry we should not have covered her so now we are stuck with the bills coming in. And yesterday I recieved a stack of the explination of benifits from them that were paid, but they have retracted them and now say we are responsible for those bills as well. I am at a loss when we called and switched from part time "Aetna" to fulltime "CS" we did not have to send anything in to them. And as far as we knew everything was as it should be. Any advice would be great, and I have talked to my local union but I need so input from someone that might have had this happen or might know what I can do. Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you get married in Burlington? That is 1/2 hour away by ferry from where I live. Did you know they call it "the Queen city"?

This is why I asked you whether Texas recognized same sex marriages; however, Texas does recognize common law marriages. I don't know if common law marriages include same sex relationships but this may be something to look in to. Beyond that, I am afraid that CS does have the right not to insure your partner as your union is not recognized in Texas.

I think your next step is to seek legal advice from a professional. Your union local may provide money to help defray the cost. Good luck. Dave.