CEO & Board of Directors Responsibility

wyobill

I sure did ! Like I said, my patience are wearing thin.

No one wants a Class B share of stock. Even though the only difference is the weight of voting. To a lot of people Class B
is a red flag. Its true the public is not interested in UPS stock
but I still maintain in the long haul it will be ok. If Im buying
I want the share price down.

traveler

Where next? Venice
Our votes mean nothing...Mike & his buddies control the votes & the Company....Such is life in a Public Company....

That is somewhat true due to the A shares holding 10 votes each. But, with the amount of stock in public hands (more than 50% now) the votes are a matter of public record and certainly do hold some sway.

U

UPS Stock Owner

What I'd like to see happen is for someone buy the company, take it private, break the union, rebuild it, and then take it public again. I think there's private money out there to do it but the A share/B share thing would make it difficult.

705red

Browncafe Steward
What I'd like to see happen is for someone buy the company, take it private, break the union, rebuild it, and then take it public again. I think there's private money out there to do it but the A share/B share thing would make it difficult.
I would like to see you hit by a car, the car stop and back over you again, that should raise the stock a little when yours gets put back into the pool.

local804

I would like to see you hit by a car, the car stop and back over you again, that should raise the stock a little when yours gets put back into the pool.

lmfao

I actually almost pissed in my pants after reading this one. Its almost as funny as the Cubs winning the World Series.

705red

Browncafe Steward
lmfao

I actually almost pissed in my pants after reading this one. Its almost as funny as the Cubs winning the World Series.
You stated the mets were the weaker team in ny, what happened to the yanks? If you can throw george might be giving you a call.

Channahon

lmfao

I've been a Chicago White Sox fan for over 40 years.
If I remember right, the CUBS never wanted lights in their stadium and some great chances to get in the World Series. Anyways, they lost the series, and then put up lights.

When the White Sox won the WORLD SERIES, I was working out of state, but was hoping the parade would go pass Wrigley Field.

Which by the way , was part of my center, when I was at Jeff St.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I've been a Chicago White Sox fan for over 40 years.
If I remember right, the CUBS never wanted lights in their stadium and some great chances to get in the World Series. Anyways, they lost the series, and then put up lights.

When the White Sox won the WORLD SERIES, I was working out of state, but was hoping the parade would go pass Wrigley Field.

Which by the way , was part of my center, when I was at Jeff St.
Could you imagine the destruction of chicago if the cubs and sox meet in the world series?

The Zen Man

Translucent
Doing away with MIP at this point would be a benefit to the company in the long run. There's no disputing that The Partnership, from a financial perspective is a thing of the past. There is no benefit to employees in receiving UPS stock as compensation. They can buy all they want through a brokerage account just like anyone else. And the idea that anyone could be reasonably expected to invest in UPS, or any single public company, to the extent the Ownership Guidelines call for is ridiculous. Cash is king! Having large chunks of income tied up in UPS RSUs is a disincentive for anyone thinking of starting a career with UPS. They could go work somewhere else, not put up with the poor treatment and BS goals that they have no control over and just get the cash straight up. Only idiots who couldn't figure this out would work for UPS.

Agreed. What was once in place, which set UPS above all others in this area of compensation, is no longer present. It started as soon as we opened the doors for all employees to purchase stock. The partnership was dissolving.:w00t:

The evolution was happening, and continues. The question we have now is not if we are rewarded the same as we once were when we were private, but are we rewarded in a way that still sets UPS above other companies?:confused:1

I don't think anyone here, who has stayed on for a while, came to UPS wanting to work for a company that was just as good as any other company. Nor did we want to be rewarded just as well as other companies. We gave more to secure more.

We wanted to work for something above average; we wanted to have the ability to be rewarded better than other companies for our investment of time and energy.

However the compensation is laid out- the final question will be in how it measures against other companies, and that is where loyalty will flourish or fall to the way side.:ohmy:

Perhaps it is time to let go of the stock being the major factor in our compensation and future. Lets see what it is replaced with, and if that holds its own against the outside opportunities of employment elsewhere.

:thumbup1:

Dfigtree

Now let's see ... The CEO choses the BOD and the BOD elects the CEO. Now you elect the BOD, theoretically, but then your votes do not amount to a hill of beans. You do not even get much of a chance to select the nominees for BOD. Ain't that America? Sell UPS and diversify.

hangin455

"Perhaps it is time to let go of the stock being the major factor in our compensation and future. Lets see what it is replaced with, and if that holds its own against the outside opportunities of employment elsewhere"

That's hitting the nail on the head!

20yearvet

I agree. There have been so many changes that have directly affected the partnership atmosphere here that it no longer applies. I know a certain center in the NCR that spent more than a month setting up peak plans. Every day the DM would call and tell them to cut a run or two based on 'updated' IE estimates. In every case, the paid day was up dramatically because the center manager did not want to lose his/her job for not following orders. Knowing that IE bases their estimated on historical trends, it really doesn't really matter that a 2 year newbie is doing the planning, the goal comes from the District Manager through the DM.

The Zen Man

Translucent
Some additional thoughts-

Why has the ownership of stock moved from a context of “reward” or of “privileged to belong” to the context of “must participate” or “you will be penalized if you diversify”?:mad:

This is an interesting shift of atmosphere. Especially since we are a public company- a publicly traded company. Yes there were always rules for ownership participation, but they really never factored into the decision to own UPS stock. Once upon a time you WANTED to own the stock.

Now you are mandated, with exact published formulas, to participate. Even if the stock is taking a hit from “market jitters” you will be penalized if you take action to move your investment into something more stable, and profitable, for your family.

My own point of view is if you build an attractive product, people will want it. You will not have to mandate it.:)

Make the stock perform.
Show the advantages of being an owner through the $$$ generated by the stock. Both in dividends and in price.
Make this a more dependable investment, as it once was, if you want us to go silly over it!:lol:

The bigger picture- you can’t shift some of the old financial pieces of the puzzle and mandate holding on to other pieces. If we are going to change, it all has to change- because the pieces from the past no longer work here today.

By the way, does anyone have an extra clip board, the unloader must have dumped mine off the car last night. J

Dfigtree

Make the stock perform.
Show the advantages of being an owner through the $$$ generated by the stock. Both in dividends and in price.

Make this a more dependable investment, as it once was, if you want us to go silly over it!:lol:

Are you asking the current management to do this? They have a clear track record of poor performance and a wanton disrespect of the employees (no more partners).

That's a real downward dawg thought.

Salesguy

Sales Member
You should get in to the history a bit more on 100ups.com.
Because what you state is all against we stand for and I am sorry for you your supv did not train you enough in this.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You should get in to the history a bit more on 100ups.com.
Because what you state is all against we stand for and I am sorry for you your supv did not train you enough in this.
What do you stand for if your on here during the afternoon? Dont you have customers to visit?