CEO

Cementups

Box Monkey
David Abney took over as CEO on 9/1/14.

I like this guys story. He's been a company man from the get go and has worked his way up the ladder from a PTer. Just from what I read in InsideUPS, he seems like a pretty stand up guy. Time will tell though.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I love how everybody says "he was a PT loader and worked his way up", like this will make a bit of difference. How quick are we all to bust the balls of a newbie who aspires to being a SUP, they can't handle the job.

Now this guy came from the bottom and worked his way up the ladder. Do you guys honestly believe that he'll do anything different, or remember his PT days and change the whole system? Lol

Brownsfan

I love how everybody says "he was a PT loader and worked his way up", like this will make a bit of difference. How quick are we all to bust the balls of a newbie who aspires to being a SUP, they can't handle the job.

Now this guy came from the bottom and worked his way up the ladder. Do you guys honestly believe that he'll do anything different, or remember his PT days and change the whole system? Lol
When he started it was still cool to go into management. It was an a cultural step up. Now it's more of a lateral slash,why the hell would you ever think about doing that move. The culture and environment was way different. So in my opinion that makes it a cool inspiring story. Do I think he will be any different? Hell no! The share holder is God the share holder is king. Same whip different color.

oldupsman

David Abney took over as CEO on 9/1/14.

I like this guys story. He's been a company man from the get go and has worked his way up the ladder from a PTer. Just from what I read in InsideUPS, he seems like a pretty stand up guy. Time will tell though.

I think it was a positive. Hopefully he will recognize the value of long time employees in an age where long time
employees are becoming rare. Hey cement, you try that feeder thing you were a
talking about?

Overpaid Union Thug

It doesn't matter who is running the show or what their story is if they aren't willing to let go of the stops per car metric or costly epic failures like ORION.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't think I could care less about UPS "leadership.". I'm sure he'll continue the culture of us vs. them and corporate greed. At that level they're all completely out of touch with the operation and only care about what Wall Street thinks of them.