Chafing

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So...just wondering what other drivers do to combat chaffing. I always went commando before becoming a driver and I was fine until the hot weather got here but now with the temps being over 85 everyday and humid my whole body stays wet all day. If I wear bike shorts it stops my thighs from chaffing but makes the butt cheeks rub together so its just as bad.

What works for you? And yes I'm aware this thread ranks a 9 on the gay threads meter.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Gold bond medicated or generic types. Works great! One warning! If you never used medicated powder before, things down under may seem to be on fire! After a while, it feels cooling. I reapply a lot in the heat!

curiousbrain

The "final solution" is to lose enough weight that your thighs don't touch, and therefore chafing is never an issue.

I used to (and am starting to again recently) run 5 miles and bike 20 miles a day; no matter how hot it is, if you are "in shape" enough the chafing is never a problem. Furthermore, if you exercise that much, you will almost never sweat (brow or otherwise), so you can just keep a steady pace and not be wet.

Indecisi0n

Weight doesn't always play a factor. I use to weightlift a lot and as a result I have large quads. Even when I diet down they still touch. Just something I always had to deal with.

curiousbrain

Weight doesn't always play a factor. I use to weightlift a lot and as a result I have large quads. Even when I diet down they still touch. Just something I always had to deal with.

It's not ALL weight obviously; I have large leg muscles and I know what you are talking about.

My solution? I take "wide" steps and kind of swing my legs a bit if it is really, really hot to avoid the chafe.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Chaffing

I also go commando. I use anti monkey butt powder. Slap some on in the morning and I'm good to go.

If u sweat really really bad night bring with and reapply as needed.

Buck Fifty

The old monkey butt thread. Its not official of course til somebody post the picture.
Although Cement's:wink2: ugly mug was close enough.