Chances of being kept after seasonal work?

battym

thanks..I understand it's like 6 inside get a chance to 1 outside..if after peak and I got a job inside ,would I then go into the seniority rule or still be considered an outsider? (I've been workin for 3weeks now) plan on giving it my all.

Crobutz

I was hired as a peak season driver in 93 in Portland. I was told I didn't have a shot at getting hired permanent because I was white and male but I worked my ass off and it paid dividends. I never took breaks because I didn't know we could. I would stop for five or 10 minutes and eat as much as I could and continue. I know in Portland inside employees are getting a chance to go driving in less than a year. Good luck!

Man Of Brown

thanks..I understand it's like 6 inside get a chance to 1 outside..if after peak and I got a job inside ,would I then go into the seniority rule or still be considered an outsider? (I've been workin for 3weeks now) plan on giving it my all.

If you take a job INSIDE you will not be considered an OUTSIDER. You will get to drive when you're turn comes. As a peak driver you are not considered an insider. If you want a guaranteed chance to drive, thats the way. Otherwise you're gambling.

I drove peak last year but didn't take an inside position. But instead took a position elsewhere. They actually werent hiring inside after peak. When they were advertising the 1:6 driver spot this summer, I applied and here I am.