Chances of getting in with UPS after season

Remmy87

I've been working for UPS as a driver helper for about a week now. I love it so far. My schedule is 10-5 5 days a week but I've been getting done early. Like 3:30-4:00 just to show them I'm reliable. I know it'll start picking up here in a couple weeks, and I'm ready for it.

I was just wondering do they pay attention to things like how fast helpers are getting done and doing a good job at the same time compared to slower people who don't do as good of a job? I also get there early, and help the driver get stuff off his truck fast.

Thank you for your responses.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I've been working for UPS as a driver helper for about a week now. I love it so far. My schedule is 10-5 5 days a week but I've been getting done early. Like 3:30-4:00 just to show them I'm reliable. I know it'll start picking up here in a couple weeks, and I'm ready for it.

I was just wondering do they pay attention to things like how fast helpers are getting done and doing a good job at the same time compared to slower people who don't do as good of a job? I also get there early, and help the driver get stuff off his truck fast.

Thank you for your responses.
If you are slow we let the right people know

KOG72

I’m full of it
Also if you're a good helper we do the same,I have seen some of my helpers get hired in the building one is actually a driver now.

Remmy87

I was trained 2 days last week, but have been alone this week. I ride around in a golf cart and drop off packages using the DIAD and all.

Remmy87

Well, one of the things I really like about it so far is the independence of the job. I like to drive, and I like to do outside work.

35years

Gravy route
Well, one of the things I really like about it so far is the independence of the job. I like to drive, and I like to do outside work.
Well,
I hate to break it to you but if you stay beyond peak you will be working in a warehouse with no natural light continuously doing the same repetitive movement with constant watching (and sometimes harassing) of a supervisor. After 6-10 years of this back breaking work you may get a shot at driving.

I know of no seasonal driver helpers in the last 35 years who have been hired as a driver immediately after peak season.

SmithBarney

I was trained 2 days last week, but have been alone this week. I ride around in a golf cart and drop off packages using the DIAD and all.

Will they notice you if you do a good job, maybe..
Will they notice you if you do a bad job, probably, but then again probably not care too much because you are a Bargin compared to paying the driver
Will they promise you a job after peak if you do great things... YES they will...
Will you get that job... probably not.

But work hard enjoy the money, and take pride that you did the best you can. <-this is work ethic

AlliSeeisBrown

Depends on the driver and the center. Driver being that he may or may not take the time to go out of his way to put in a decent word for you. Ask and you may receive. As for the center, depends on its retention IMO. My particular center has poor retention and they bring in a new group of people almost every other week. But, hiring permanent PT probably won't happen until volume picks back up after peak. If you happen to get permanent PT, just keep an eye out for bids for cover, casual, RTD or any other applicable driving bid and sign until they call.