change in drug coverage?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I know if it is good for goose and gander why would you pick the choice that isn't as good? Should have been good for gander and goose or something.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If people would just get involved with their Local, and ask a few questions....

They would find out the truth. Good post.

"Most" Doctors, will only require you to be seen twice a year for blood tests to

monitor your condition with maintenance drugs. They do it for liability reasons.

With opiate based painkillers, Doctors are limited to a certain amount they can prescribe

within a year. The feds have been cracking down on this, because of rampant abuse.

-Bug-
Nothing has changed there, a schedule 2 narcotic, or opiate based you can only get a 90 day at a time, and 30 day at a time at first. After you take your pee test so long and are clean they will give you 90. It cannot be called in, you have to personally present the script, and cvs recently sent a letter saying any drug refill for 90 days will be free, vs the way it used to be 3 xs then you pay 50 %

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I filled two scripts today via medco on my local's plan (doesn't the teamcare thing use a similar mail order with them?) and 90 day supply for both cost a total of $15. After reading this thread I just checked what they retail for and I would have paid around $840+tax out of pocket without insurance.

By The Book

I filled two scripts today via medco on my local's plan (doesn't the teamcare thing use a similar mail order with them?) and 90 day supply for both cost a total of $15. After reading this thread I just checked what they retail for and I would have paid around $840+tax out of pocket without insurance.
Puts it in perspective. I'm glad we learned something today, good thread, keep improving it.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
So please tell me then, what makes your insurance so superior to mine, as this is what you are inferring, correct?

My insurance being superior to to yours is, a notion you've made up entirely on your own.

You could search every post I've ever made and not find a quote of mine that supports your claim.

You've had and, still feel as if, you deserve more coverage than me.

iowa boy

My insurance being superior to to yours is, a notion you've made up entirely on your own.

You could search every post I've ever made and not find a quote of mine that supports your claim.

You've had and, still feel as if, you deserve more coverage than me.

Per your line, you said "You've had and", by that choice of words, you agree that the UPS insurance that some of us had was superior to yours that you had at that time. Now I agree with you that we both should have the same insurance as we both work for the same company, but it seems to me that you are the bitter one in this situation, not me, because as you stated, I had better insurance than you.

As I previously spoke of, I have accepted what has happened and have moved on, knowing I cannot undo what has been done. No, I didn't agree with most of the changes made in this current contract including the insurance aspect, but I have accepted Teamcare as my insurance and am using it as you probably are. So no, I don't feel as though I deserve better than you, as we are both brothers in the TEAMsters.

RealPerson

Also, to get the good $0 price, it has to be filled at CVS, or mail order.(Here at least) Other pharmacies get, I think, original and 1 refill for the $5 charge.
If they are part of the Group or list.
My Son was in an accident out of town, No idea where to fill them, the doctor sent the scripts to Walmart. He needed them ASAP, cost $63 Pain pills and antibiotics, some of the cheapest drugs out there!

For the OP, you have to get a 90 day script and go to a CVS or affiliate store OR Mail order them!

RealPerson

I understand. Yes it sucks for some,but got better for some. Where do you draw the line? I've seen and read what some of you all had in the past and would've liked that coverage also. All I can say is I had scripts I had to pay over $200 for a 90 supply now I pay $0? Sorry it's hard for me to complain about that. Would I have like to have mine move to your level? Sure. I just don't think that was ever going to happen. Before anyone gets their panties in a yes/no vote argument, I did vote no.
Right and I feel in our building it did change some Vote No's to Yes because of the change in the Scripts after it was shot down the first time.

MOST people like myself who complain are PART TIME, and do Not Make the Wage or Hours the drivers make to afford the difference.
I have had more bills in the last year then I have ever had in 20 years at UPS....

Johney

My Son was in an accident out of town, No idea where to fill them, the doctor sent the scripts to Walmart. He needed them ASAP, cost $63 Pain pills and antibiotics, some of the cheapest drugs out there!

For the OP, you have to get a 90 day script and go to a CVS or affiliate store OR Mail order them!
$63? I think you got ripped off by Wal-Mart. I have filled one time pain med and antibiotics at the local supermarket pharmacy and they only cost $5 a piece.

upschuck

Wal-mart is not in their network because of their antiunion stance.
Here is a list of pharmacies you can use for a non maintenance drug https://myteamcare.org/media/43784/tc_flyer_-_rx_pharmacies_2013_links.pdf

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What's good for the goose is, good for the gander...

Unless, of course, you feel like you're entitled to more than the gander...
Yes, I had better insurance than you. Is that right? No. Go back and read my posts. I fought hard to try and convince people like you to fight for better insurance.

Why did you want to bring me down to your level instead of fighting to bring yourself up to my level?

And by the way, your Teamcare plan got improved because of us "fighters."

rod

Retired 22 years
Be thankful for what insurance you have (I'm not saying its better or worse than what you had---I don't know). I do good getting my drugs through the VA but my wife has a real problem with her coverage. She was prescribed Ristasis for her dry eye condition. Went to pick it up and was told its not covered by her plan- that will be $1,265.00--thank you. WTF. After some wrangling around and a few calls we got it for $450.00. We have a 4 year lap in between Teamster coverage and when the wife can get on Medicare and it is a real wake-up call from when we were used to the great insurance we had. When we had to go insurance shopping the first 2 places flat turned us down because of one prescription the wife had taken a few years ago for 30 days. We finally got "Obama insurance" that is almost useless and cost us $509 bucks a month.