change in pay

Red Dawn

was wanting to know if anyone knows what rate of pay do you go to if your laid off and have to work two split shifts inside? union saying one thing and ups saying another. Start new shifts next week.:anxious:

City Driver

i thought laid off drivers who are called in to work inside get driver pay

dont hold me to that im just a lowly freight driver

Overpaid Union Thug

was wanting to know if anyone knows what rate of pay do you go to if your laid off and have to work two split shifts inside? union saying one thing and ups saying another. Start new shifts next week.:anxious:

Depends on your supplement. Here (in the Southern Region) we have to work seven consecutive days inside before our pay is reduced from driver pay. After that its based on what your pay would be if you had never went full-time. My question has always been about what the pay would be if a laid off driver worked as an air driver for one or both of the shifts. I'd be making $18/hr if I worked inside more than seven days but I was making $20+/hr as an air driver when I was part-time so I believe that I should make at least that much if I do air driver work while laid off. We haven't had a problem with layoffs yet so I haven't experienced this firsthand.

Red Dawn

Depends on your supplement. Here (in the Southern Region) we have to work seven consecutive days inside before our pay is reduced from driver pay. After that its based on what your pay would be if you had never went full-time. My question has always been about what the pay would be if a laid off driver worked as an air driver for one or both of the shifts. I'd be making $18/hr if I worked inside more than seven days but I was making $20+/hr as an air driver when I was part-time so I believe that I should make at least that much if I do air driver work while laid off. We haven't had a problem with layoffs yet so I haven't experienced this firsthand.

i'm in southern region also. that was what i was thinking also. I'm one of the 118 22.3 combos that has been "dissolved". Being replaced by two part timers. and forced to pick twl. and sunrise. wise and john have been telling us that we would still get paid according to article 48. Ups on the other hand is saying we are now going to be article 40 employees. ups will still be contributing to our full time benefits and pension. We also will retain our four time seniority. but at the same time ups is saying we will be considers the lowest senority out of the shift we take. Far as the part time driving positions..well they have been keeping us from picking them. our group has already filed 304 just from our group.and its almost a thousand with part timers that have been laid off midnight shift. have to wait till march to be heard. HUGE MESS! It is kinda funny to see how the ups is hiring all new drivers to take our spots as they push us out. two new drivers to take our one rout! they figure in a month they can send some of them back as they learn how to do our jobs. But if this past valentines day week end is any indication to how they will handle our jobs..may be good time to buy fedex stock (see my posting about valentines day)

Overpaid Union Thug

i'm in southern region also. that was what i was thinking also. I'm one of the 118 22.3 combos that has been "dissolved". Being replaced by two part timers. and forced to pick twl. and sunrise. wise and john have been telling us that we would still get paid according to article 48. Ups on the other hand is saying we are now going to be article 40 employees. ups will still be contributing to our full time benefits and pension. We also will retain our four time seniority. but at the same time ups is saying we will be considers the lowest senority out of the shift we take. Far as the part time driving positions..well they have been keeping us from picking them. our group has already filed 304 just from our group.and its almost a thousand with part timers that have been laid off midnight shift. have to wait till march to be heard. HUGE MESS! It is kinda funny to see how the ups is hiring all new drivers to take our spots as they push us out. two new drivers to take our one rout! they figure in a month they can send some of them back as they learn how to do our jobs. But if this past valentines day week end is any indication to how they will handle our jobs..may be good time to buy fedex stock (see my posting about valentines day)

I think that you should go to makeupsdeliver.org and get involved in the petition for 22.3 jobs. Man I'm glad I don't have a 22.3. Management, along with poor language in the contract, has created a huge mess with those. The only hole we have as full-time drivers is the one I mentioned about the pay associated with us doing air driving work instead of, or combined with, working inside.

Red Dawn

I think that you should go to makeupsdeliver.org and get involved in the petition for 22.3 jobs. Man I'm glad I don't have a 22.3. Management, along with poor language in the contract, has created a huge mess with those. The only hole we have as full-time drivers is the one I mentioned about the pay associated with us doing air driving work instead of, or combined with, working inside.

have been talking with the tdu. They have been VERY helpful! we are passing petition already! wise and john just tell us to file. the tdu is helping us write them. our local seems to more worried about where we are getting the language for our grievances. Rather than trying to help us

Fullhouse

We had that problem in our center. Laid off drivers were bumping part timers.Only the part timers that they had building seniority on. Anyhow Management was telling them that their pay was going to be cut to what the highest person on the shift was getting paid. Well they (management) were right contractually. They just decided to declare that the pay rate of a red circle (pre 84) clerk did not apply. They had a few drivers upset. They came to me and I reassured them that they (management) was sadly mistaken. After a short talk with the center manager all was straightened out. In case you don't know, red circle employees (hired before '84) receive .50 less than a full time driver that has already made it through his/her progression. This applies to parties under the Atlantia Area Supplement. Remember check your supplement!

Red Dawn

thanks...but long from red circle her. lol 1997 full time in 2000..i work at an air hub in witch article 40 is for. im 22.3 tell after tomorrow then i'm....well no is really saying what i am.lol anyways article 40 doesn't have language for our pay.Had this problem when i went combo..was told one rate and after a month ups came in and took our pay away. 18months later arbatrator ruled in ups favor. contract in 2002 fixed that with article 48. so union is saying that we are to paid under that article and ups is putting us under article 40 witch only has pay scale for part time employee.
its been a HUGE MESSS!! for last month over this "lay off" of 118 22.3. our group is just getting pushed out and replaced with 2 pters! and even now they are only paying 3.5hrs instead of 8hr guarantee. Ups again is only reading the first sentence of par. that says is you only take one pt job you still get 3.5. but if available and you displace 2 pters you would still receive 8hr. ba spoke with labor and he told them "you know you can't do that." And her reply was " I know..but i'm just doing what i was told to do." So we are adding that to our 300+ grievances. have to wait till march for them to start hearing them. o and the part timers have filed over 600! its been a fun 2 months for all of us.

Overpaid Union Thug

We had that problem in our center. Laid off drivers were bumping part timers.Only the part timers that they had building seniority on. Anyhow Management was telling them that their pay was going to be cut to what the highest person on the shift was getting paid. Well they (management) were right contractually. They just decided to declare that the pay rate of a red circle (pre 84) clerk did not apply. They had a few drivers upset. They came to me and I reassured them that they (management) was sadly mistaken. After a short talk with the center manager all was straightened out. In case you don't know, red circle employees (hired before '84) receive .50 less than a full time driver that has already made it through his/her progression. This applies to parties under the Atlantia Area Supplement. Remember check your supplement!

Our supplement (Southern) isn't clear on that. It just says that we will be paid the "appropriate" wage based on seniority and the job performed. We have a couple of red circled (hired before 1984) employees on the preload so it would be nice if our supplement was the same. All I know here is that after that seventh consecutive day inside my pay goes down to a different pay rate. I just don't know what that pay rate is. I have only worked inside four times since going full-time and haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone in our center and will have to call the local.