Changes in January 2010?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does anyone know what the changes will be for January 2010? Is it just for the sups or for the employees too?

You did not say what the changes were.
There is a lot of speculation but no one on Brown Cafe really knows what is happening.
We've all had fun speculating and starting rumors.
We are all pretty sure some thing will be announced next week but then again maybe not and it could be multiple announcements over several weeks or months.
Guess we will all find out at the same time.
And by the way, supervisors are employees too! :wink2:
Hoaxster

PS I deleted the thread with the same question in the Labor forum. This is the right forum for this thread.

sosocal

still hearing 3 regions and 30 domesic Districts - That will affect some mgt positions - including some superviors in staff functions - and some administrative employees - good thing is that Volume is projected to be somewhat higher than last year - reducing or mainatining the workforce layoffs for hourly positions that occured last year.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I hear they will shed accounts in an effort to start the whole layoff/firing process that will send managers and teamsters packing.

Rule #1 when it comes to starting a rumor.
Say it often enough over a period of time and people will start to believe it. LOL
Let's see how many people you reel in on this one.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I hear they will shed accounts in an effort to start the whole layoff/firing process that will send managers and teamsters packing.

Rule #1 when it comes to starting a rumor.
Say it often enough over a period of time and people will start to believe it. LOL
Let's see how many people you reel in on this one.

Not many I imagine ... a rumor has to be credble and this one does not have any credibility. UPS is not going to reduce revenue in order to get rid of people.
If UPS has to, as hard as it may be to bear it, it will simply lay people off. It's a tough economy and tough business world.
But they will not do it by reducing revenue ... that does not make sense.

D

Dis-organized Labor

"There is a lot of speculation but no one on Brown Cafe really knows what is happening".

All, I had a chat with Scott last night and I think I have a pretty good idea about what's gonna' happen.

Here's the changes:

UPSSOCKS to VP - Employee Relations
Pickup to Human Resource Manager
Dilligaf to Package Operations - Domestic /
Big Babooba to Package Operations - Europe / Helper Training
raceanocr to Package Operations - Southern US / Deep South
AJBLAKEJR to Media Relations / Front Person
Dizzee to Media Relations / Behind the scenes
STUG to (I don't know)

Others....

BILLYB

Disorganized Labor
Did you just make that up or do you know more than us?
Between all the computer monitoring and MGT experience in our CENTER - I have come to realize - THEY HAVE NO CLUE!!
Smoked a 12!!! hour dispatch in 10 today - THE COLDEST friend#$@!^? day in NY today because dispatch boy had to account for the 7+ drivers our center manager gave off for vacation@!@!!
It gets worse every year I work here!

helenofcalifornia

What?!!!?? Your center can still order tires???? Our center, or should I say District, doesn't have money for tires. (Or uniforms, or safety awards, or ....etc.)

talkwith

I'm anticipating higher levels of difficulty attaining uniforms, new Diads and new drivers. (We were two drivers short for most of peak season because corporate wouldn't allow us to train anyone earlier in the year. As a result, both our onroad sups had to work and they regularly cut routes due to a lack of coverage. All the potential drivers they trained quit within a week of starting due to poor dispatching and general managerial incompetence.) Also, don't expect any training or put together routes to be in very often even if the volume doesn't justify cutting routes. The really old timers (25 +years) told me they have never seen it this bad. Basically, a repeat of 2009 x 2. I'm not trying to be pessimistic just realistic.

UPSGUY72

I hope it's not a repeat of last year when I got laid off for 5 months. It's rought having to colloct and work the preload and make just as much money as working full time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hope it's not a repeat of last year when I got laid off for 5 months. It's rought having to colloct and work the preload and make just as much money as working full time.

I think you're being sarcastic but am not quite sure.

This may come back to bite you as you near retirement as you may have to work a bit longer to make up for the hours that you lost during this layoff.