Changes in January 2010?

over9five

Staff member
Bottom 9 Feeder guys here go back to Package (or wherever their seniority allows) Jan 18.

And so begins the domino effect.....

EmerCond421

I heard of one almost definite change.....new tires on my P7.

What?!!!?? Your center can still order tires???? Our center, or should I say District, doesn't have money for tires. (Or uniforms, or safety awards, or ....etc.)

Never going to happen. You'll get retreads on the back and racing slicks on the front. All the new tires with treads go to the packages cars in the southern states that don't get snow.

Got 6 new tires on my pkg. car about 3 weeks ago - there is hope. But we were told to go to the dollar store to buy ink pens if we needed any!! And no dr. rel. bags either!! :knockedout:

over9five

Staff member
All our shifters have new tires on them. It's really weird, they usually get the garbage tires that someone marks "shifter only".

Cementups

Box Monkey
No retreads anymore. And i know I am getting them. MEchanic told me a few weeks ago he wanted to get new ones on before the snows hit and told me if I wanted them too to get the current ones burnt off. I did my job. ;)

ups clerk

Not many I imagine ... a rumor has to be credble and this one does not have any credibility. UPS is not going to reduce revenue in order to get rid of people.
If UPS has to, as hard as it may be to bear it, it will simply lay people off. It's a tough economy and tough business world.
But they will not do it by reducing revenue ... that does not make sense.
In my district, Missouri, They will stop day sort Jan 18. All day sort people will work this week, take next week as a lay off so they can start bumping in other sorts. I heard that people up to 7 years seniority could actually be out of job. BTW, this also includes 40 package car drivers who will be bumped into the building which is not going to help the low seniority workers. I also heard they are diverting a lot of volume to other centers. This doesnt make any sense because we are a huge hub. If anything, smaller centers should be closed and divert their volume to the major hubs like ours.

iowa boy

In my district, Missouri, They will stop day sort Jan 18. All day sort people will work this week, take next week as a lay off so they can start bumping in other sorts. I heard that people up to 7 years seniority could actually be out of job. BTW, this also includes 40 package car drivers who will be bumped into the building which is not going to help the low seniority workers. I also heard they are diverting a lot of volume to other centers. This doesnt make any sense because we are a huge hub. If anything, smaller centers should be closed and divert their volume to the major hubs like ours.

A lot of people here in Iowa were hoping that the Missouri district would just disappear.