Changes to RDO

MrBrown

Because I follow it stop for stop. I don't get paid to not follow it. They know I will work till midnight. They don't want me out. As of now.. since Xmas No one in our center works later than 7pm. Filed one 9.5. 4 yrs ago. I walk everything off. Back around 20 times a day

Funny how different people are... I don't follow it stop for stop. They know I won't work till midnight (I've dumped pkgs on the belt when I knew I couldn't deliver it all). I do get paid to not follow it. They want me out. Never filed a 9.5. I walk off as little as possible. I back as many times as necessary. I do cheat backs to stay off the radar when I can. I'm not walking up long driveways. Management leaves me alone

Geo926

Haven't heard a word about this. As always, every center and region is different. Glad I'm not in your center [emoji1]

Holydriver

Funny how different people are... I don't follow it stop for stop. They know I won't work till midnight (I've dumped pkgs on the belt when I knew I couldn't deliver it all). I do get paid to not follow it. They want me out. Never filed a 9.5. I walk off as little as possible. I back as many times as necessary. I do cheat backs to stay off the radar when I can. I'm not walking up long driveways. Management leaves me alone
I'm very similar. I try my best to do a gravity back when possible, back well within the 20 yard red zone usually right beside the garage door, and leave the package at the garage...not front door (unless I know and like the customer) and I'm pretty comfy with my management relations. But I also typically go over miles and over backing goal. But I don't care at all

JL 0513

55030469.jpg

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Either gravity or quick bursts in a manual. Let the truck take the wear and tear. My body parts for the most part aren't replaceable

Btw. They can see when you use neutral now. It's a purple line on telematics. Yeah different. I do never more than 100 stops, 180 pieces, 165 miles, with 5 pick up pieces. You?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The plan is that sometime before peak(October), Orion will be it. RDO(DOL) will always exist as that is the foundation of our delivery areas as far as loops are created. However our DIAD will only have an Orion list available for us to run off of. Secondly our loads will be loaded in Orion order as well. So "theoretically" we will no longer be going from shelf 2 to 8. It will just be next batter up. You can already see the first steps in action as you can look on the computer to see what stops you'll have tomorrow, that list is now in Orion order not DOL order.

DOK

The plan is that sometime before peak(October), Orion will be it. RDO(DOL) will always exist as that is the foundation of our delivery areas as far as loops are created. However our DIAD will only have an Orion list available for us to run off of. Secondly our loads will be loaded in Orion order as well. So "theoretically" we will no longer be going from shelf 2 to 8. It will just be next batter up. You can already see the first steps in action as you can look on the computer to see what stops you'll have tomorrow, that list is now in Orion order not DOL order.

Now this makes sense. It's the digging through the load that seems to be the killer. Should've waited until our loads were able to be loaded in Orion order before they implemented Orion on the drivers.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Now this makes sense. It's the digging through the load that seems to be the killer. Should've waited until our loads were able to be loaded in Orion order before they implemented Orion on the drivers.
I'll still be digging because ORION as it stands now is laughable.

Holydriver

But since you're notnkn ORION you don't understand. If you had the same 100 stops everyday for a week, with the same pickups and commit times for every single package, Orion would send you to do that route a different time each day. Sure, I don't know this for a fact but I'd be willing to bet a vacation week on this. Supposedly it picks the best route out if thousands of possibilites....there is no way it would pick the same each day.

So how can the truck be loaded in a certain order every day? Well, it can't, really. You can look at the Orion computer showing your route at 829 and see how you're going to run the route just to get edd at 830 and have a different plan just like that.

MrBrown

Btw. They can see when you use neutral now. It's a purple line on telematics. Yeah different. I do never more than 100 stops, 180 pieces, 165 miles, with 5 pick up pieces. You?
Interesting, I'm cover. All suburbia, ranges from condos to 140 no pickups and long driveways. Or 90 stops and an industrial park where you can routinely completely pack a p1200 55 miles