Changing centers within bldg

chris9834

Hey all if this question has been asked then I apologize I searched it, but no results. Basically I just got out of driver school, and I got assigned to a center that I dont know anything about area wise. But I know about 14+ routes in another center street by street. Down the road would it be possible for me to switch center as a T.C.D. or is the only way to get another center is to bid on a route in desired center? Thanks for taking time to read this.

Sent using BrownCafe App

CHALLY9TX

Most likely you're stuck. But talk to your steward. In my hub there's no way you could bid on a route in another center in order to move to that center. The only way I've known people to move centers in my hub is when they shift routes over to another center and they need to add a few cover drivers because the center added routes. In that situation then you can bid to move.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If the centers are in the same building you can bid over there whenever they have a new route or permanent vacancy. If they're in different buildings the only way is to follow a route that gets moved from one center to the other. Check your supplement for particulars.

upschuck

In our building of two(used to be three) centers, there is one drivers list. That being said, each center "owns" certain drivers, but routinely borrow drivers for the day when the other center has the next driver on the list, or when the driver knows a route in other center. They have been known to permanently switch who "owns" the driver, especially when driver predominately knows the other center's routes.

PT Car Washer

My building has two centers and drivers routinely bid back and forth. We don't use temp drivers so I don't know where you would fall in at. Work as directed I guess.

UPSGUY72

There are 4 centers in 3 buildings in my area. That being said there is only one seniority list when a job goes up for bid it gets posted in all 4 centers anyone can bid on it form any center.

By The Book

Hey all if this question has been asked then I apologize I searched it, but no results. Basically I just got out of driver school, and I got assigned to a center that I dont know anything about area wise. But I know about 14+ routes in another center street by street. Down the road would it be possible for me to switch center as a T.C.D. or is the only way to get another center is to bid on a route in desired center? Thanks for taking time to read this.

Sent using BrownCafe App
How do you know 14 routes and are now just coming out of driver school?