Changing centers within bldg

oldngray

nowhere special
To learn how to dodge moving vehicles? You may need a refresher course!

frogger.gif

margaritaville

Im in the same situation as you. Air driver so i know a ton of routes from ground helping. There are two centers. One i have better area knowledge and like the area better in general but some of the management sucks. The other center i have worst area knowledge and its way more industrial which i hate but the management is a lot better.

Im leaning towards the center i have better area knowledge and like better. But i think if i get put in the center with crappy routes i have to stay there til their is a bid route open for the area i like. I cant just switch as a cover driver.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Like Jones posted, if you have more than one Center in the same building, anybody can bid on any route that gets posted on the board.

chris9834

How do you know 14 routes and are now just coming out of driver school?

I am a former Fed Ex Ground driver and the Fed Ex ground routes are not as dense as UPS's 1 route does the whole entire zip code on average there is 6 to 8 UPS routes to a zip code in the city on average I know 2 different zip codes and half of another street by street.

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

I am a former Fed Ex Ground driver and the Fed Ex ground routes are not as dense as UPS's 1 route does the whole entire zip code on average there is 6 to 8 UPS routes to a zip code in the city on average I know 2 different zip codes and half of another street by street.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's what I thought. Welcome and now it sounds like you're going into your 30 day probation. I don't know if its too late for you to be placed in the center you have this knowledge in, it's usually based on where you are needed. I'm thinking there is more than one center in this hub, but maybe one seniority list. It doesn't hurt to ask, they may make it happen somehow.