Changing my route for peak.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Ask a friend in the center who is a cover driver to take the mall route for peak......when ups sees a rookie isn't going to do it they may leave your route alone.......other than that your probably trapped

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Don't grieve it. You're just going to look like a dick to both management and the union and by the time the grievance is heard it will be January anyway. You're keeping over 50% of your route so they're not violating the contract and we all know our work temporarily changes for peak. Suck it up.

Also, remember we don't bid trucks. We bid routes. They can put their equipment wherever they want. The guy next to me loses his 800 and gets a uhaul every winter.

Rainman

Its all good.
Where I am they can do pretty much everything they want at peak, including taking a driver off of his bidded route and putting him where ever they want to. It doesn't happen often but it has happened. It doesn't mean you have to kill yourself running whatever garbage they throw at you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Building it as a split car for a seasonal.
First of all take your asczz whoopin and like it like the rest of us during peak. Second of all you know why their doing that to your route? Because the dumbaszzes at UPS hired these seasonals too dam late and they know they didn't have enough time to train them right and in a timely fashion. That's what their going to do during peak, send the seasonals out on mostly bulk and pickups and load the senior guys up to pick up the slack for the helpers who aren't trained because of ups incompetence and laziness like normal. I called that 1 2 weeks ago, knew that's what they were going to do. If people weren't smart enough to see the writing on the wall on that one, then their just plain stupid( not calling you stupid UPS IS STUPID). Theres your answer in a nutshell so get ready for the BULLY BEATDOWN like the rest of us lol.