Changing Positions

menotyou

bella amicizia
At my center, the unload is the 'safest' spot to be in. As long as you can put out the flow, no write-ups. Loading will get you Art. 7. They will make sure of it.

dillweed

We have folks in our center who perfer to unload and are kept there. There are two ways that I can think of to get off the preload. One fair and one cheesy.

Best idea is to tell your sup that you'd like the unload because you need to get out of the building a bit earlier for another job or whatever. The unloaders get done nearly half an hour before our preloaders. You'd lose a bit of time but may be worth it.

Option two isn't good but it works. Just suck at preloading. We have people doing it who don't like to load.

Preload is hard. I did it for eight years pre-PAS and wouldn't want to go back.

One more thing is that you've only been doing this one month. It takes several months to get used to loading.

Best of luck, hang in there and enjoy the ride!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Our worst loader is now our newest local sorter. You can probably get moved with some persistence, but where you'll land is trickier.

Asinine

Hmm, I've wondered this myself. I have 5 months under my belt, and have been to the unload a few times which I prefer SO much better than loading (even though the people in my hub seem to be "worse" in the unload"). The unload is cake because all you have to worry about is a decent flow and keep your labels up and you're good. I'm waiting for my 6 months then trying to get the heck outta load!

Guru

Hmm, I've wondered this myself. I have 5 months under my belt, and have been to the unload a few times which I prefer SO much better than loading (even though the people in my hub seem to be "worse" in the unload"). The unload is cake because all you have to worry about is a decent flow and keep your labels up and you're good. I'm waiting for my 6 months then trying to get the heck outta load!
Why would you want to wait one more month? I would do it NOW if I have the chance.

One of these days I'm going to go up to my manager and just straight up ask him if I can change my title and become an unloader. WISH ME LUCK!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh yea well I had four positions last night. Now my wife has two weeks off because she's married. That's the best union to be in if you don't want to work you just don't and it's got great bennies.

How many can you realistically do that are actually fun? I think it gets to where it is more work than fun. What's the fun in that?

How many can you realistically do that are actually fun? I think it gets to where it is more work than fun. What's the fun in that?
Missionary then spoon then reverse cowgirl and then the opposite direction for the cowgirl and then it's done. That's not to much to ask is it?

Missionary then spoon then reverse cowgirl and then the opposite direction for the cowgirl and then it's done. That's not to much to ask is it?

Wow! All that in 5 minutes!

Reminds me of the old joke,changed to suit the discussion:

"Hey .we can hurry and do one of those positions" "Nah, lets slow down and do them all"