Changing start time, 30 minutes before shift starts.

bigmistake

The past 3 weeks, we've gotten a call at 7am (start time is 8am) informing us the start time is being changed (last week, 15 minutes later to 8:15am) due to various reasons, (Plane is late, Package Car breakdown, no power at air terminal) We understand, but think changing a start time 15 minutes later is petty. For now, I and some of my fellow employees will turn off our phones until we punch in. Can they do this, change our start time 1 hour before we are scheduled to start. Any suggestions.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No they are not. Start times must be posted the Friday before. However, if management can even coerce one employee to start later they have already come out ahead. Know your contract and enforce it!

menotyou

bella amicizia
The past 3 weeks, we've gotten a call at 7am (start time is 8am) informing us the start time is being changed (last week, 15 minutes later to 8:15am) due to various reasons, (Plane is late, Package Car breakdown, no power at air terminal) We understand, but think changing a start time 15 minutes later is petty. For now, I and some of my fellow employees will turn off our phones until we punch in. Can they do this, change our start time 1 hour before we are scheduled to start. Any suggestions.

No, they can't and they know it. Don't answer your phone, as over said. File a pay grievance and get penalty pay if they don't pay on time.

Nimnim

The Nim
Short of an actual natural disaster type emergency there needs to be more time than that. Check your supplement for language on it though.